It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

' Doomsday Shelters ' On MSM Front Page.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This morning's front page on MSN has the following for your consideration:

MSN.com

Interesting timing for this, considering the things some ATS members discuss regularly...

How many innocent non informed people will see this ( and why ? ), and what should they think, if anything ?

Edit:
This info was reportedly published in 2004... now, the author is finally getting some exposure !

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Skelkie3]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Revelations 6:15 , 6:16 read carefully

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skelkie3

The exploration took Ross into a series of survivalist spaces, offering a visual index of the lengths to which people will go when they feel abused or threatened. “I ended up photographing an underground bomb shelter in Livermore, California, looking straight up [toward the entry from the surface], and the light was very divine and was essentially apocalyptic,” he says. “Some of these people thought they were going to be the new inhabitants of the Garden of Eden. I can’t believe that. But when you think back to the illogic of the Bush/Cheney administration, and the world around you is so devolved, the idea of going underground doesn’t seem so crazy.”

Some of the shelters look downright uninviting but I suppose something is better than nothing if you suddenly need one!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Revelations 6:15 , 6:16 read carefully

What does it say? I don't have a Bible.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Loved that article. Unlike usally with MSM there aren't any "sly" remarks reagrding the "crazies". I though it was an intresting read.

I've been in some Swiss shelters. When I first got to Switzerland ( I have a Swiss passport, but I'm not really very "swiss"), I remember clearly being amazed by their preparedness. Biannually there are big country wide drills where everyone goes to their designated shelter, inventories are updated, drills are ran and headcounts are done. Usually it ends with some grilled sausages and yummy Swiss beer over a game of "Jass". Good fun, but with a serious undertone.

If the shtf, I will make my way to Switzerland with undo haste to claim my spot! * waves most valuable passport in the world*

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

There are many different bibles out there, www.biblebrowser.com... and bible.cc...

Basically tells of an natural disaster event.

The Elites who will be going to these taxpayer\slave- funded Deep Underground Military Bases must be having a good laugh right about now.

I've seen ads for steel 'storage units' which look like large garages.

I mean, why does a person need a steel garage, obviously it would stop a fire from destroying it but I mean, really?

Heck you could build these units in a Earth depression and cover it with dirt, viola! Instant bunker.

I saved a video of a DUMB, and those bases are HUGE. HUGE!

underground skytrains or trolleys, rice gardens, vast garages of trucks filled with food... I didn't see the power plant though. Who knows what technology is powering the whole... Damn world that is under the ground.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Revalations 6:15 says basically,

All the great men ( Rich and powerful ) went into hiding in caves...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Thanks for the links star in a jar. I basically know the revelations story, I was just curious how the poster who mentioned those scriptures interpreted them.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Now. let's just hope that this article isn't a signal to those in-the-know.
Wonder where congress and POTUS and so forth are right now ?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oh dear.

You people do realize that not everything is part of a great plan to cheat you out of your meaningless lives, right?

The article a signal to those who know??? Give me a break people.

I didn't see any elites in that article.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'll take the room with all pretty pink lace! But seriously, those were kind of creepy. I can't imagine being stuck down there while the world above me is getting blown all to He!!. I guess it would be better than turning to dust by means of a nuke though. good post, s & F.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
Oh dear.

You people do realize that not everything is part of a great plan to cheat you out of your meaningless lives, right?

Then how come hundreds of billions of taxpayers dollars have disappeared or funded projects that kill people (war) Why do you think they need so much money? How are they supposed to pay for constructing these underground bases? The sad truth is that they have paid for these spots to save themselves and their families when the # hits the fan. Revelations isn't just about the future. It was about the past as well.

They do have meetings where they agree upon certain indicators, and how to recognize them and how to act upon receiving the information.

However it may not be in this case. Someone may simply be making money selling underground bunkers.

They will be underground long before your passport will be made meaningless when SHTF.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I myself have gotten caught up in this whole doom and gloom SHTF scenario stuff. But in the end if there is a war or other natural disaster that requires most of humanity to seek underground shelter for weeks or months at a time do you honestly want to survive and live in that post world environment? I find it hilarious that people that believe in god and an afterlife would go to such an extent to survive a post apocalyptic world. I would think they'd be the first ones to pull up a lawn chair, throw on some shades and watch the fireworks!

Plus all these shelters I see with these tiny little doors and holes in the ground......what the hell are they going to do if a bunch of rubble crumbles over the opening or trees fall over it or what not? I'd be more scared of never being able to get out of the thing.

But I do feel the USA needs to be better prepared for this stuff. Much like the Swiss. It wouldn't hurt.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
Oh dear.

1. I regard this article ( which is years old ) as a simple scare tactic aimed at consumers. Buy now before it's too late. Nothing more.

2.The ' signal statement ' was kind of toungue - and - cheek... but, not really. People who are designated to shelter are going to be notified somehow, why not this sort of thing ?

3. I'm not a shrink... but, do you view your life as meaningless ? Or just mine ?

4. The article references Chang Kai Chek's nephew, an ' oil tychoon '. Are you aware of what an Elite supposedly is ?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy[/i I find it hilarious that people that believe in god and an afterlife would go to such an extent to survive a post apocalyptic world. I would think they'd be the first ones to pull up a lawn chair, throw on some shades and watch the fireworks!

People who believe in God and Afterlife... you know, the ones who don't cry at funerals... are so rare a breed I'm not sure you and I have ever met one !

Having said that, I believe there are plenty of precedents in the Bibles for surviving this or that.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Even the religious types go to such lengths because its human nature. We are programmed with the fight or flight response, and building bunkers and shelters falls under the flight portion because it allows you to avoid what would possibly kill you. Even those who are the most stringent of believers in an afterlife/whatever will not simply stand around and let the train run them over so they can get there faster (and those who would need some serious mental health assistance).

All that aside its quite fascinating to see the level to which some people have prepped, however I would like to see some more in-depth information about the shelters such as what kinds of seeds/plants are stored for cultivation after its safe to return to the surface, because it seems one of the biggest downfalls of the bunker-mindset is that there are few plans of what to do after you pop the cork when the dust has settled.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well we all know how well those 50's bomb shelters worked!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oh come on, these people are just eccentric believers in end of the world trash with a bit of spare cash lying around to build a bunker. Some of them even believed the end was nigh in 1990 - DUH!!! Either they are stupid elites or just eccentric people who read too much trash like we see on ATS nowadays almost everyday predicting when the end will be!

There's always the potential for an accidental nuclear war every single day we have these damn weapons! One day we could just all go BOOOM!!!

[edit on 4-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Oh come on, these people are just eccentric believers in end of the world trash with a bit of spare cash lying around to build a bunker. Some of them even believed the end was nigh in 1990 - DUH!!! Either they are stupid elites or just eccentric people who read too much trash like we see on ATS nowadays almost everyday predicting when the end will be!

There's always the potential for an accidental nuclear war every single day we have these damn weapons! One day we could just all go BOOOM!!!

[edit on 4-8-2009 by john124]

This statement is quite a contradiction...
' ... these people are just eccentric believers in the end of the world...'

< OR >

' One day we could just all go BOOOM!!! '.

Apparently, the people who built these shelters also thought that one day, we could just all go Boom .

If you believe that we could all just go boom, then shouldn't you get busy on your shelter, or do you just feel that you should die without an effort ?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Having read the article over again, it occurs to me that there is potentially a very scary ( potentially ! ) statement.

The author mentions that most of the shelters he reports on are not ready to be occupied right now, and may take weeks to prepare for habitation.

So, if ( and I suppose it is possible ) this sort of news item were meant as a warning... we have a quantified time-period in the article : weeks.

Origional Article

I wouldn't even want to try to link the many threads describing well-thought-out ( mostly ) but- hopefully wrong threads which describe this fall as the beginning of the end...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join