It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Spill in New Bedford MA. Sickens over 100!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Chemical Spill in New Bedford MA. Sickens over 100!!

www.necn.com

(NECN: Josh Brogadir, New Bedford, Mass.) - Hazmat teams working all day have found the pile of trash where the chemicals combined and say they know where the trash came from.

They say it's from a dumpster at a construction site, not in the city of New Bedford, but somewhere in the area.

It is still an active scene tonight, hazmat teams are here and we're told, will be for several hours.

What caused a chemical reaction at a waste disposal facility remains a mystery Monday night, but investigators have made measurable progress, according to State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tauntongazette.com
www.wbz.com
multimedia.boston.com
wbztv.com

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This freaked my mother out yesterday because she lives not to far from the dump. She was claiming to have smelt an odd scent on the air but more then likely thats just paranoia. When I heard the news 10 people where rushed to one of two local hospitals and two of the individuals were in critical condition. The spill still hasn't been disclosed to what chemicals were in the air there. They closed off a half mile radius to keep people away from the scene. Personel on hand were wearing protective masks. Most of the people being brought to the hospital after the initial incident were just for evaluation. Never had something happen like this in my town and I'm wondering if anything was Radioactive. Since this is a conspiracy themed site I'd like everyone's take on the matter. They said the chemicals were found in a construction site out of town but they aren't positive at the moment how they got there. Please I would like anyone and everyone to chime in with similar situations and any information at all to educate everyone on these type of situations. Was a little bit of a scare yesterday, lets hope thats all it is.

www.necn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Link to viedo of Fire Chief: video

Also the hospital personel 'decontaminated' all of the workers in the area, standard procedure yes but how bad of a contaminate was it?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Sounds like some pretty bad chemicals. Critical condition from being in the area? Wonder what it could be. What kind of construction is going on that involves deadly airborne chemicals?

I used to live in New Bedford when I was going to school and I know a few people there...hope they are alright!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Most definently, I think the chemicals were from a construction site. To my knowledge, since I used to work construction, dumpsters are usually left in work sites over night so in essence it could have been anybody who put the chemicals there although I'm pretty sure requires the construction company to lock it over night. I'm not thinking terrorist at the moment, honestly I thoguth first a mixture of bleach and ammonia would be enough to put a few 40 something year old men into critical condition especially if they were right above the compound. We'll have to wait and see but the fact they 'decontaminated' people is what worries me. Yet who knows maybe they just wanted to test out their emergency equipment!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I suppose nobody cares about one small town, for shame for shame.

new topics

top topics

join