It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Will Obama React Once Media Honeymoon Is Over?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Imagine being a celebrity and having hardly anyone question or criticize your motives, history, decisions, or what you say. Imagine it being that way for two plus years and then suddenly, you wake up and start finding yourself questioned and criticized for every little single thing.

How would you react?

From his stunning upset victory in the Iowa Caucuses at the start of the presidential primaries, throughout the election campaign, and in the first hundred days of his term in office, the media treated Barack Obama like a rock star and handled him with kid gloves. He acknowledged as much when he spoke at the Radio and Television Correspondents Association dinner earlier this month. "Why bother hanging out with celebrities when I can spend time with the people who made me one?" he said with a broad smile, and then added, "I know where my bread is buttered."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I wonder the same about Obama. How will he react when the media turns on him and expect serious answers?

How will Obama react when the ones who made him seem to be the ones out to get him? Will he be able to maintain his composure?

Imagine Obama having to criticize other stations just like he does Foxnews.

Perhaps John McCain was right about Barack Obama being the "biggest celebrity in the world." The news media, focused on profiting from the president's celebrity, have been failing to report objectively on his policies.

We have seen a number of outrageous examples of media bias in the five months since Obama's inauguration. And in recent weeks, Obama completed a "triple crown" of extended interviews on the three major networks.

www.philly.com...

The truth is Obama is a celebrity and just like any other celebrity his positive days in the limelight will diminish. He will be questioned and he will be criticized. Every other President has faced the same dilemma.

But the question remains how will he handle it?

Will he set up a special website to combat what the media says?

Will he alter his policies to make them more favorable?

How do you think Obama will react once the media turns on him?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I would guess that as his positive image winds down, his policies will change a little. When he realizes he's damned either way ... he'll raise taxes on the middle class just like Clinton did... Down side for Obama is that, as noted in many town hall meetings across the nation, American's (not union sponsored demonstrations, these are real people that aren't paid to show up and protest) aren't going to put up with this.

What you see in the town halls are the initial foot soldiers; same as in the military. The heavy hitters are coming and will start to show up in bigger numbers as time goes on. Perhaps those in private sector, those that would be considered Colonels & Generals in the military, will start to show up before the real SHTF.

Unlike the faked union demonstrations, the 'Colonels & Generals' on their side merely sit on the sidelines cowering and community organizing and never get caught in the fray.

Anyhow...

Another ploy politicians use is to stay insulated from the public; having spokesmen/women make the public appearances for them...

Again, He'll insulate himself and make it look like he needs his private time to solve the issues... Don't look for that until his numbers start tanking severely. That could be sooner than his handlers think (and much sooner than his minions expect.)

All of these most recent appearances that highlight whatever he's pushing for that day, it's not getting through to the public. Watch for those public speaking engagements to diminish concurrently with his popularity.

[edit on 8·3·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Another ploy politicians use is to stay insulated from the public; having spokesmen/women make the public appearances for them...

I just can't see Obama saying no to a camera. However, I can see his handlers tightening the reins on him.

I just curious if he will cave in to bring up his popularity or will he ride the rough seas and continue with his agenda.

new topics

join