It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Awaits Ayatollah's Nod to Build Atomic Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

So it seems the Bush administration was right all along.... Iran now has the ability to make Nuclear weapons and has tech to blow up Israel..... Scary thought by no means do I consider myself a Christian but dam its looking like the whole GOG and MAGOGs armies may be true. .......

What are Americas and NATOs options now?

How do you think Israel will respond?

How will the rest of the world respond?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The Bush administration is always right when one takes their sole source of information from fox news.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by websurfer

I checked MSNBC and CNN, and there is no mention of it... Perhaps the far left doesnt want to admitt Ole W may have been right on this one... everything else he got wrong it looks like he got this one right.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's a legit article..........as far as wag the dog on Iran.

Hello, our economy is in the toilet, and we NEED a WAR.

Oh, Putin made an infamous speech **around*** February 10, 2007. In the speech he spilt to the world that the US, and the former USSR sold anyone in the world ANY weapon they wanted in the 80's, and early 90's.......

Yes, he strongly hinted that any could have a NUKE; by either the US, or the USSR.

Get ready for another cannon fodder war.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
What are Americas and NATOs options now?

Well my (slightly pessimistic) predictions...

US Sanctions (largely ineffective) will continue, the rhetoric will get harsher, but ultimately we'll do nothing. Politicians will do what they're best at - talking.

How do you think Israel will respond?

They won't. Israel will continue to frame the Iranian threat as a regional problem, not purely an Israeli one and won't risk their necks to act unilaterally. The Israeli Foreign Ministry has already said as much. All they can do is try to warn everyone and try to garner international support.

If things develop further I'd like to see a military alliance forming between Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, but that may be wishful thinking as the people that have the power to stop Iran in its tracks now are too busy bickering with each other to form any sort of regional alliance.

How will the rest of the world respond?

Just like when Hitler invaded the Rheinland, nothing will happen. The world's governments and the UN will sit back and do nothing until it's too late.

Phase two will be when Iran starts wielding its new bullying power over smaller weaker states, then we'll start to see the real affect on our economies and oil prices. Western governments will have less and less influence on OPEC countries and ultimately the UN. Say goodbye to US bases in the Middle East and over the next 10 years watch our freedoms slowly disappear. Watch our media become an extension of the Iranian propaganda machine and our politicians sell our countries down the river to appease the new masters.

May as well start learning Persian and stocking up on copies of the Quran.

I do wonder what Ahmadinnerjacket's first move will be after they roll out the nukes and do the underground tests. I wouldn't be surprised if Iraq will be the first country to fall, the government there is already weak and desperate (like most governments). We may not see a full scale invasion but a soft transition of power from Baghdad to Tehran. We may not even notice. Dark times ahead.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It is not settled because Foxnews and The Times say so.

Full article here

It's always the same story going on with always the same evidence that they have enough low-enriched uranium to produce enough highly-enriched uranium to produce one bomb. And this would take months. It's always the same ground breaking news we are fed with for 2 years now.
No, nothing has changed, it's not new. But we have to enter this into our little poor heads so that we will find a preventive attack legitimate.

I like this part most :

Although British agencies did not have their own “independent evidence” that Iran had successfully tested the explosive component of a nuclear warhead, they said there was no reason to doubt the assessment.

Yes, having no evidence is not a good enough reason to doubt you know... We know they don't have the HE uranium and we are not sure they have the explosive but they are about to blow you up, stick it in your head.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Manouche]

join