It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles - the "Flatland" theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone is familiar with "Flatland", but in the short film, there is a model of a cube that is positioned against the 2D world of Flatland and proves the existence of the other dimension.

Now is it possible, that Crop Circles are a similar apparition from a higher dimension, laid over our 3D/4D world?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well to answer that, you need to have a being observe this from a separate dimension

Or, you could accept that they're man made.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
Well to answer that, you need to have a being observe this from a separate dimension

"Accept"? You sound like the New World Order.

"Or, you could accept censorship."
"Or, you could accept the gas chamber."

Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself, but I don't like arrogant statements like that. Nothing personal to you, just the statement.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I've said it before I'll say it again, crop circles are made by bored 3rd dimensional human artists, did I say drunk rednecks? no, man built the pyramids, we sure as hell can flatten some wheat and grass into any formation we want, I know my stance is very unpopular, but I see it as not only the most likely scenario but the only scenario, there is lots of evidence proving humans have made these in the past, there is zero evidence anything else has created them, thus the collection of data greatly shows who is making it. If you must know why, try doing a search on the various crop circle building groups on the net. I can't even get started with 4th dimensional aspects, the coolest cropcircle hoax I saw was the one where some show or some guy set up gold, silver and copper plates in the middle of circles of a cropcircle, the 'alien' created plates with 'alien' symbols on them were melted down because hell, alien made or not alien made, space cash or not gold is gold and it's worth a lot, ramble city I appologize.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Carl Sagan explains the idea here:

It would be easy to see the crop designs being caused by some higher dimensional entity leaving a 'mark' in our 3D world. It might also explain the anomalous energetic artifacts left within some circles.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

"Or, you could accept that they're man made." And of course your proof that they are all man made is............. that's right you have no proof apart from a couple of guys who said they made some... even though the ones they have faked look nothing like the real crop circles and have the properties of the crop circles.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package

"Or, you could accept that they're man made." And of course your proof that they are all man made is............. that's right you have no proof apart from a couple of guys who said they made some... even though the ones they have faked look nothing like the real crop circles and have the properties of the crop circles.

people like that make me angry ... not at the people who say that ... but at the fact that people are so freaking brainwashed. it's more socially acceptable to believe an old bearded guy named "Yahweh" created the first woman out of some guy's rib than it is to believe that one of the trillions of civilizations from foreign star systems have visited here at some point.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

I've said it before I'll say it again, crop circles are made by bored 3rd dimensional human artists, did I say drunk rednecks? no, man built the pyramids, we sure as hell can flatten some wheat and grass into any formation we want, I know my stance is very unpopular, but I see it as not only the most likely scenario but the only scenario, there is lots of evidence proving humans have made these in the past, there is zero evidence anything else has created them, thus the collection of data greatly shows who is making it. If you must know why, try doing a search on the various crop circle building groups on the net. I can't even get started with 4th dimensional aspects, the coolest cropcircle hoax I saw was the one where some show or some guy set up gold, silver and copper plates in the middle of circles of a cropcircle, the 'alien' created plates with 'alien' symbols on them were melted down because hell, alien made or not alien made, space cash or not gold is gold and it's worth a lot, ramble city I appologize.

Now if we really built the pyramids - that's a whole other (but related) topic. Even Zaheed Hawass has his own "private" opinions on who made the pyramids .. and I tell you, they are not his public opinions that the ancient Egyptians did it all on their own.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

so just because some people make fake crop circles, mean every single one is fake?

by that logic, just because some diamonds are lab made, there must be no natural diamonds, right?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

so just because some people make fake crop circles, mean every single one is fake?

by that logic, just because some diamonds are lab made, there must be no natural diamonds, right?

According to the debunkers it is yeah..... but debunkers are generally brainwashed for years by the education system and professors who teach them science and who brainwash them into thinking they are the only ones that have the answers.... even though science is flawed.

Name another field in the world where a Professor or a Skeptic can rub something in your face like "Science" and tell you how wrong you are if you dare suggest science might be wrong..... and then when science is proven wrong by ways of new discoveries they purely change the "laws of science" and then go beating their chests again telling everyone how right they are. Science is continually moving the goalposts and changing the rules.

Of course the same could be said of professional skeptics like James Randi and the like who have been known to deliberate lie and fake the results of scientific tests to push their agenda.... I guess that should make all skeptics liars and con-artists as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I've said it before I'll say it again, crop circles are made by bored 3rd dimensional human artists, did I say drunk rednecks? no, man built the pyramids, we sure as hell can flatten some wheat and grass into any formation we want,

The construction of the pyramid STILL baffles people even today, so you might want to take that back. But that aside, it's a comparison that doesn't do your lusterless theory any favours because both phenomenons have been linked to Ets by various theorists.

I'm with Donnie Darko on this...I have never ruled out the possibility that some of the crop circles may have been man-made. I try to be objective and look at things from various points of view. My observations and intuition lead me to believe these crop circles are more than just a few humans trying to stir up a scene. Do I impose this belief on anyone? No. Do various members impose what they believe (or don't) on others here? Yes. So please stop it, it's rather childish...

Good thread, Donnie! And there is possibly some truth to this flatland theory regarding this. For alien beings floating around in fourth density, it's the way to go!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

"Or, you could accept censorship."
"Or, you could accept the gas chamber."

WTF has gas chambers got to do with crop circles? Lay off the coffee

I stated you 'could' accept that all of them are made by humans. What you decided to read is that you MUST accept.

You accept that not all the crop circles are man made in the same way I accept that all are made by humans. You're fighting your own arguments with that type of post.

There is more evidence of humans creating them, than there is of aliens, or even aliens creating them.

You underestimate your own species for deviousness and/or ingeniousness. Just because you can't fathom how something is done, does not make it supernatural

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
WTF has gas chambers got to do with crop circles? Lay off the coffee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was just an example of how foolish it is to accept the status quo blindly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stated you 'could' accept that all of them are made by humans. What you decided to read is that you MUST accept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps, but it was still said in an arrogant, "you're wrong" fashion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You accept that not all the crop circles are man made in the same way I accept that all are made by humans. You're fighting your own arguments with that type of post.

There is more evidence of humans creating them, than there is of aliens, or even aliens creating them.

What evidence? That some of them are manmade?

You underestimate your own species for deviousness and/or ingeniousness. Just because you can't fathom how something is done, does not make it supernatural

Perhaps not, but there is something "different" about the crop circles.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Could you do me a favour. Could you show me the evidence you have that shows that there is "more evidence of human's creating them" please.

I await your findings.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Could you do me a favour. Could you show me the evidence you have that shows that there is "more evidence of human's creating them" please.

I await your findings.

Yup. I await your findings too.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I await your findings.

Well here's a couple of humans creating a crop circle
www.youtube.com...

Some more humans creating them:
www.youtube.com...

There's quite a few on youtube. There doesn't seem to be any that show anything supernatural doing anything similar that stands up to scrutiny. If there is, perhaps you would be so good as to post them?

I'm presuming that your counterargument for this, and the purpose of this exercise is for you to shout triumphantly that only explains two circles and I need to go away and explain every one. That would be a futile exercise worthy of Sisyphus.
If this is the case, perhaps you could prove that all cars on Earth are made on Earth, and not made by alien slaves on a distant planet? No point showing me car company websites, or construction videos, as that would only explain some of the cars, and two guys with an oily spanner are incapable of making that many cars.

But back to the crop circles, is this proof that they are all made by humans? No. Not all the people who created them have taken photographs or videos, and those that have, may have not submitted them onto the internet.

Again its what you choose to accept.

Donnie,

it was still said in an arrogant, "you're wrong" fashion

I've not said a thing, it's how you decided to read it. That's your interpretation.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Not sure if anyone is familiar with "Flatland", but in the short film, there is a model of a cube that is positioned against the 2D world of Flatland and proves the existence of the other dimension.

Now is it possible, that Crop Circles are a similar apparition from a higher dimension, laid over our 3D/4D world?

Funny, I was thinking this exact thing last night as I was falling asleep. I wasn't about to post anything about it though. I didn't feel like getting reamed for posting a theory/thought I had as its very common for that to happen on ATS. So thank you for taking the risk. S&F for you...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I like the "Flatland" analogy as a simple way of demonstrating dimensions. It makes it really easy for anyone (everyone) to understand the basic concept of what is meant by "2-dimensional" "3-D" etc
The 3-D shadow of a 4-D object is maybe harder for some to grasp?
(But dont ya just love the look of that thing?? lol)

Many years ago, in a school science class, whilst discussing "Brownian motion" - the random movement of particles observed suspended in a gas or liquid - It struck me that the individual particles we looked at, during the school class, displayed motion which resembled that of the stars and planetary bodies in our own solar system.
Some orbiting others, some forming groups which directly interacted with one another, and some just seemingly passing through!

It was then that I thought... what if...

What if the 4th dimension was simply one of scale?

What if the tiny particles I had observed in school science classes, were actually massive planets, stars, whole galaxies etc in the next dimension "in".

What if our own planet, our solar system and the many known galaxies, were simply the tiniest of particles, in a test tube, in a science class, in the next dimension "out"

The sheer difference in scale, would make it impossible for anything existing in any single dimension, to be able to comprehend what actually exists in the "next" dimension. We could not possibly "point" to the next dimension out, because it would be, quite literally, all around us. (Omnipotence??? lol)

We "know" that the solids, liquids and gases of our world are made up of these tiny particles... but given the limits of our observational technology, what do we really "know" about those particles?

Likewise, we can gaze many light years out into the deep void of space... but this might equate to the square root of diddly-squat on the measuring tape of the next dimension out!

Could this explain why space (and time) are boundless?
Does it hint at the source of the omnipotent nature of god(s)?
Maybe the Big Bang was someone opening a can of pespi in the next dimension out??

enjoy!
(I'm now ducking down behind the sofa, to avoid the anticipated barrage of disparaging comments!!!)

OHHH, and How Much does Carl Sagan sound like Agent Smith from The Matrix movies???? "Mister Anderson...... This is merely a shadow..." lol

G

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
I like the "Flatland" analogy as a simple way of demonstrating dimensions. It makes it really easy for anyone (everyone) to understand the basic concept of what is meant by "2-dimensional" "3-D" etc
The 3-D shadow of a 4-D object is maybe harder for some to grasp?
(But dont ya just love the look of that thing?? lol)

Many years ago, in a school science class, whilst discussing "Brownian motion" - the random movement of particles observed suspended in a gas or liquid - It struck me that the individual particles we looked at, during the school class, displayed motion which resembled that of the stars and planetary bodies in our own solar system.
Some orbiting others, some forming groups which directly interacted with one another, and some just seemingly passing through!

It was then that I thought... what if...

What if the 4th dimension was simply one of scale?

What if the tiny particles I had observed in school science classes, were actually massive planets, stars, whole galaxies etc in the next dimension "in".

What if our own planet, our solar system and the many known galaxies, were simply the tiniest of particles, in a test tube, in a science class, in the next dimension "out"

The sheer difference in scale, would make it impossible for anything existing in any single dimension, to be able to comprehend what actually exists in the "next" dimension. We could not possibly "point" to the next dimension out, because it would be, quite literally, all around us. (Omnipotence??? lol)

We "know" that the solids, liquids and gases of our world are made up of these tiny particles... but given the limits of our observational technology, what do we really "know" about those particles?

Likewise, we can gaze many light years out into the deep void of space... but this might equate to the square root of diddly-squat on the measuring tape of the next dimension out!

Could this explain why space (and time) are boundless?
Does it hint at the source of the omnipotent nature of god(s)?
Maybe the Big Bang was someone opening a can of pespi in the next dimension out??

enjoy!
(I'm now ducking down behind the sofa, to avoid the anticipated barrage of disparaging comments!!!)

OHHH, and How Much does Carl Sagan sound like Agent Smith from The Matrix movies???? "Mister Anderson...... This is merely a shadow..." lol

G

This reminds me of Men in Black, when the whole Universe is actually inside an alien's marble on some planet.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thanks Donnie, Yeah, I saw that, and it did remind me of my "theory"!
But I was 11, in 1975, when the thought struck me!!

I do still like the idea though!! lol

G

top topics

join