It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Prayer Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm sad to say something terrible happened today. My little brother was struck by a car as he was walking home today. My neighbor's and i were first to him, followed by MP's and the ambulance. He's fractured his left leg and his Right Ankle is crushed with his right shin also snapped. He's only 8 and I can't imagine the pain he's going through. I know he's not going to die, but He's had a rough time the last year. First my dad was in Iraq, then leaving to GA after oly a week because the military made him do schooling. He's been without his father for almosy 2 years straight. I just want to ask if you can give him a little prayer for me. He's got a nice surprise coming, for my dad will be here tomorrow morning, even though he's not due back for another two months. The funny thing was, was that when I got there he wasn't crying... I was about 5 minutes late and when I showed up he was like "Geez... Where have you been?". And holy cow... He's high as a kite with all that Morphine they gave him... He's being hilarious... well... Thankx for listening.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Man, DH, that is a horrible turn of luck. You certainly have my support and positive thoughts. Please pass my well-wishes to your family. I am sure your brother is getting good care and that the surprise of seeing his dad will work wonders. Let us know how things are going.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A bad day DH. You're the older sibling, be there for him, we'll be here for you. Let us know how you're all doing.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Oh man, poor little guy. I will include him in my prayers.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Update: Thank you all for your responses. As of now they found that his fibula snapped, cutting the Artery... They've fixed this with steel rods. He'll also need rods in his left leg too. the bad news is that when the tire ran over his right foot, it tore all of it's skin completely off and they're worried there may be no bone left... if there is none, then they'll have to amputate it. I can't bear imagining my little brother spendin his childhood sidelined. Though I am athiest, I am still praying to god that there is bone enough left to save his right foot.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Medical advances have been amazing. I'm not saying that they will be able to save your brothers leg but you are in one of the best countries in the world for medical care. One thing to think about, maybe they are preparing you for the worst, so maybe it isn't that bad. Hang in man.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
yeah... I was typing up some stuff on Nanotech when it happened. I read, while doing the Nanotech report, that any surgeries/mediacl repairs will be unbelievably easy, and my little bro would be fixed up in 1 or 2 days... To bad this didn't happen 7 or 8 years down the road when this technology is supposed to be in use. But yeah, From what I saw I think there was still some bone left, but I don't know. I couldn't imagine missing a foot now, with my basketball career, and it's going to be harder on him since he's a kid still.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hang in there my friend. Sending positive thoughts and loving energy to you and your brother.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hell be in my prayers DH., God bless.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't do prayer, but I will be sure to send some healing energy his way.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thats horrible! I hope he gets better really soon.

I will keep him in my prays tonight,

please let us know how he is..

Asala

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't do prayers either, but I'll be sending good thoughts to your bro as well, DH. Sound like a nasty accident, but I'm glad at least he's alive. I sincerly hope he'll be able to recover all of his mobility.

Take good care of him, he'll need support.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
of course DH, in my thoughts and prayers.

Not only for him, but for the safe return of your dad and for all of your family.

good luck, be sure to let us know how he's doing !

by the way, what's going to happen with his leg and foot ? recoverable, etc ?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sorry it took so long for me to update.
I saw him yesterday at the hospital and his legs were pretty bad. He was in Good Spirits though joking around, Playing GameCube and watching DVD's. They're still not sure if they can save his foot, and will have a cage around his right leg to stabalize it for the next 3 months. They said he'll be in a wheelchair for a year minimum. Also, when he broke his tibia and fibia, he broke them on the growth plate, so he may have to come in every few months or so, until he stops growing, to have surgery to lengthen his leg. They won't be sure if they have to until about 3 months. Starting today they're going to start sitting him up. He could wiggle his toes slowly yesterday, and they're waiting to see if the remaining muscles and tendons in his foot live. If they do, his foot is saved, if not, then they'll have to amputate it. When we were leaving I asked if he wanted anything, and he told me I couldn't come back unless I had Sweet Tea with me. Though he's in a lot of pain, he's still in real high spirits, but does get upset hearing everyone talking about what happened and how he might lose his foot.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The doctors and stuff said that by the injuries, the lady was lying when she said she was only going 10-15 MPH, Which is obvious. They said not only can we sue the lady that hit my brother, but that we also have a case against Ft. carson, because my brother was hit no more than 4 feet away from where Carson took out a Speed Bump. So I guess If my parents do sue Carson, it may get real serious and who knows, maybe you'll hear about it on the news? our whole neighborhood is pushing us to sue... They want it more than we do, simply because they ALL have kids and have always complained about that lady speeding through there. I'm sure if we didn't sue, someone else in the neighborhood would do it for us anyway.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by DarkHelmet]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
thanks for the update. Prayers still going out to you and your family.

I feel so bad for him. I can't imagine the pain. Sounds like he's being a trooper though ! Sure lucky he has you... make sure you take him that tea that he wanted..

take care and god bless.

new topics

top topics

join