It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mexican child has a 36 letters name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

A Mexican child has a 36 letters name

momento24.com

A Mexican child born in Coahuila has the “longer” name of the country and one of the most exotic of the world: Brhadaranyakopanishadvivekachudamani Erreh Muñoz.

The name of 36 letters, without including the Erreh Muñoz, was put by the grandfather Jorge Refugio Muñoz, who inspired by the book “Dictionary of famous phrases” imposed it to his son and this one on his baby and it mixes the names of two thinkers of the India.

“I asked my son to take the same name of my husband”, mentions the mom of the baby, Maria López Mendoza, in declarations today to the TV channel “Mileni
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I feel sorry for this kid. He will probly spend most of his life did I spell that right or even did I pronounce correctly. I wonder if people should be able to force on there children a name that could possibly do harm to the child. I remember the article on a guy a while ago who named his kid Adolf Hitler.

momento24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The kid should move to India if he plans on using Indian names. Nobody there would go "How do I pronounce that?" and give him strange looks. Also, why would a devoutly Catholic people like mexicans want to use "heathen" names ?

A lot of these hard to pronounce names that people America have trouble with is because of our limited exposure and our lack of patience with anything that is not "western".

Unfortunately most Americans are close to becoming Homer Simpson who at best can remember 3 letter names - anything more and their brain cant remember.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

This poor kid, if he ever does something bad in school and has to write his name 500 times, he might go home and kill his parents for giving him such a long name!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
His friends could call him Bhrad

hehehe in Colombia in poor neighbourhoods on the northern coast, some girls are called usnavy... because the villagers see US NAVY ships on the coast lol

top topics

join