It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Exposes Cars.gov Computer Information Grab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just got this from a friend..

even if it is GB... doesn't matter.. what does matter is what is the content .. !!!

You must WATCH ..

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Just got this from a friend..

even if it is GB... doesn't matter.. what does matter is what is the content .. !!!

You must WATCH ..

There is already a thread for this which I read yesterday.

But this is some really creepy #. I don't see any reasoning for it except that the Government want to control us at all times and constantly keep their eye on us. I am afraid this is the first in a long line of many similar websites.

The Government set a trap by offering people money then forcing them to give up their rights if they need the money.

Just another reason not to trust the Government I suppose.

It's sad how far we've fallen.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This has already been posted to ATS multiple times.

Do Not Go to Cars.gov!!!

Your computer, Government property. Cars.gov is this even possible?

Despite the demonstration on Glenn Beck, this cannot be duplicated by anyone but Glenn Beck.

I say propaganda.

If you don't believe me, then I strongly urge you to try for yourself and try duplicating what you see in the video at Cars.gov. You'll find that it was staged by the Glenn Beck show.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

kk.. did a quick google search but I used the exact heading of the youtube...thx ..

MODS: PLZ CLOSE THIS THREAD. thx all ..

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It is not an issue at all...

littlegreenfootballs.com...

Although the language of the dealer’s agreement might seem a little over-zealous (a common problem in “terms of service” agreements), it’s a lot more understandable when you realize it’s intended to apply to dealers who are entering into a business agreement with the government to dispose of clunkers. And it appears on a secure website that allows dealers to log into the government’s financial system. The page is named: supplierpayments.esc.gov.

This whole “issue” is pure tin foil.

Originally posted by Parabol
This is a complete lie from Glenn Beck.

1. The site he references is ONLY for dealers accessing the DoT website. You can't enter that part of the site without the proper registration and login details. Only dealers get that, he didn't accidentally make his way into that page. He and his producers knew what they were doing. Non-dealer citizens are not subject to this.

2. This is a fairly common government practice. If you use a computer at a government/military facility everything you do is monitored. You need access cards to turn on or use certain machines. This is to ensure classified information is not compromised and that unauthorized access doesn't take place. This is a security measure used on every military base and I would assume every government office.

3. They don't take data from the computers. This doesn't mean they own anything on your computer. When you are not logged into the site they have no authority or control over your computer or information. What it means is that while you are connected to that server, your computer is treated like the computer in every other office, from Sgt. to General. For that time they can monitor traffic and usage to ensure that security isn't compromised while you are connected to government computers. It's more of a warning, they aren't scanning your hard drive while you access the site. They will only keep records of changes, transactions, things like that.

4. Glenn Beck and his producers knew all of this. They aren't idiots. While many people will read and headline and run with it, they do not. They research and then appear to do the same thing, but they are well aware of how public opinion is formed from shows like his. They know that even if they are caught lying that it doesn't matter, there are no repercussions and most people won't hear it about it. This is ridiculous and a spit in the face to the American people.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join