It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATURALLY CAFFEINE-FREE SPECIES OF COFFEE and another natural coffee alternative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Coffea charrieriana, commonly named charrier coffee, is the first record of a caffeine-free species of coffee, coming from Cameroon, Central Africa, a center of diversity for the genus coffea- species.asu.edu...

Also, roasted dandelion root as a coffee, it's hard to distinguish the flavour between that and real coffee, without the caffeine- species.asu.edu...

Some people may be prone to heart-palpitations from being hyper-sensitive to caffeine, have caffeine addiction problems or become restless or unable to sleep because of caffeine but love the taste of coffee, so these were two good, (hopefully useful) suggested alternatives.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Cool find, Crying-Lightning
As a coffee lover myself I find, when drinking commercial decaf blends, that they don't taste nearly as good as the real deal. I wonder if coffee brewed from a naturally decaffeinated bean would taste more like regular?

I'm not sure I buy the claim that roast dandelion root can be successfully substituted for the noble coffee bean - although it sounds fascinating, and I'd be willing to give it a shot.

That said, I don't think either of these options are going to coax me away from my cup of plain old black coffee anytime soon. I'm quite happily addicted at this point, and plan to stay that way

new topics

join