It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% of your energy needs from compost - Jean Pain method

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I mentioned, briefly, the Jean Pain method of composting in an earlier post, but I think this method of energy is worth its own thread. As is mentioned in the vid, this is a method of composting that would work in Siberia. While probably not viable for those planning on "bugging in", those in a rural environment could provide themselves with gas for cooking, heating and running a vehicle, and ultimately some beautifully enriched soil for further agricultural purposes.

Without further ado:

Jean Pain - A french innovator who developed a compost based bio energy system that produced 100% of his energy needs. He heated water to 60 degrees celsius at a rate of 4 litres a minute which he used for washing and heating. He also distilled enough methane to run an electricity generator, cooking elements, and power his truck. This method of creating usable energy from composting materials has come to be known as Jean Pain Composting, or the Jean Pain Method.

Following is another youtube clip of the Jean Pain method being utilised on a much smaller basis here in Australia - hot water for probably only a few weeks.

edit to fix youtube link

[edit on 1-8-2009 by tangotemper]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is awesome! SnF!
My neighbor has a compost pile and I was seriously considering starting my own because we both have large organic veggie gardens and we're running out with just the one and I wanted to contribute back to waht I've taken. Also its sort of weird and a pain to be constantly running in and out of the neighbor's yard anytime i want to dump/get compost. I have potato plants so that can get often. They've said its no big deal and I can come and go as i please but still...
I am going to make my won compost pile and now I want to do this

I think i'll have to scale it down and make something like the compost shower type thing but its still doing, I hope.
thanks OP!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Good stuff thanks for posting. There is no reason we cannot be energy independent. There is also gasification that can be used to create wood gas which is mostly hydrogen then you do not have to wait for the compost but feed thw gasifier as needed.

new topics

join