It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pigs catch swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Mutation fears as pigs catch swine flu

One expert says there is a very real risk the swine flu virus will become more dangerous to humans in the wake of a swine flu outbreak in a New South Wales piggery.

www.abc.net.au...

so now we have pigs who caught the virus from people, the real problem is that pigs can also carry the avian bird flu as well as this new swine flu, can anyone else see a new strain of the virus having an alibi as the source of the new strain?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't put faith in the swine flu it is more hype than fact, however when pigs fly it may have some merit!

In your first line “fears and mutations” should be the least of you worries because either one has not happened yet. Basic precautions should be taken whether the flu season is here of not, I have had the flu one time in my life and then and only then is when I took a flu shot. Not a bad average in 60+ years!

Watch out for these 'so called experts', they want to sell you something, look at the economy

Tru

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I really thought that this would have generated a little more interest.

We have human H1N1 that has now moved to pigs, remember that this virus was said to initially have come from pigs and then to people, well now it has gone back.

Australia has a large wild pig population which could be used to blame for the spread of the new Avian/swine human flu monster if it should mutate, and lets face it, we know that there is already the virus sitting in a lab getting ready for release as the flu season hits the northern hemisphere, they just need to have a good reason to explain the mutation and spread of the virus, well now they have the excuse, the virus back in the pig.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Thanks for posting. It has generated some interest, it's been discussed in a couple other threads on this forum.

Don't forget pigs on a farm in Canada were also infected. Probably gonna see a lot more of this in the next few weeks/months.

top topics

join