It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yukon UFO "Mothership" Incident: December 11th, 1996

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Here is another interesting report from the area in November 1986 that coincides with the JAL 1628 Incident. I don't know if you have read internos' thread on the case, but it is the most comprehensive report I have seen. Yet another account of a massive "mothership"-like UFO.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There are several of these "Massive" UFO sightings beginning in the mid-nineties that were/are "stealth blimps" being tested - this 1996 incident was a design (like a large flattened oval shape) that has since been replaced with a V shaped LTA vehicle, made basically of the same stuff they make bullet proof clothing out of, that was the cause of the 8:30pm UFO sightings in Phoenix (the 10:30 sightings/videos are all of flares being dropped to confuse the public).

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Sam60

Here is another interesting report from the area in November 1986 that coincides with the JAL 1628 Incident. I don't know if you have read internos' thread on the case, but it is the most comprehensive report I have seen. Yet another account of a massive "mothership"-like UFO.

Thanks for your 1st link. I will also read that later on.

I am well aware of the JAL1628 case & it's one of the cases that drives my interest in this area. Internos' thread about it is one of the better discussions I have read on ATS, thereby motivating me to get involved in these discussions.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
finally! Something thats not been beaten into the dirt worse than roswell! Great find S+F!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
maybe they were honeymooning on earth?

Or maybe this was a chartered flight like a Las Vegas junkit trip.

I'm not worried at all if any of this silliness does prove to be true.

ET life must certainly realize that man has raped this planet of

natural resources, so I don't think they will attack for that reason.

However, they may find us as nice appetizers. I think the fat people

will go first.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Proably a hot air balloon that someone had rigged with lights (christmas lights) either way, I don't believe it was an alien spacecraft floating around the lake. Honestly folks do you believe this was aliens?..Do you really believe that. Think about what your saying!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Awww... just when it's big enough no one has a camera...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_XIM
Proably a hot air balloon that someone had rigged with lights (christmas lights) either way, I don't believe it was an alien spacecraft floating around the lake. Honestly folks do you believe this was aliens?..Do you really believe that. Think about what your saying!

Well I'm not saying it was a ship load of aliens.

But I am saying it is one of those few cases which is very interesting to read & discuss & regarding which, worth keeping an open mind.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's great reading material, and even with the little videos made about it, that adds to it. It's great fiction and makes your mind wonder, but thats as far as it goes with me. That big, a mile wide, and nobody had a camera, what about radar, the military would have picked it up, no mention of them around. I don't believe they would just allow a mile long space ship wonder around.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

That big, a mile wide, and nobody had a camera, what about radar, the military would have picked it up, no mention of them around.

Firstly who said it wasn't the military? Secondly I would think that if a alien species had the technology to build a mile wide interstellar spacecraft that they would probably would have mastered stealth technology long ago, at least enough to get past our rather primitive detection techniques.

I don't believe they would just allow a mile long space ship wonder around.

See above post.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_XIM
It's great reading material, and even with the little videos made about it, that adds to it. It's great fiction and makes your mind wonder, but thats as far as it goes with me. That big, a mile wide, and nobody had a camera, what about radar, the military would have picked it up, no mention of them around. I don't believe they would just allow a mile long space ship wonder around.

If I might presume to ask, what's your general position on all of this?

For what it's worth, I guess my position can be described as skeptical & critical, but very interested.

BTW - that's a striking avatar

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
can someone tell me why the same person drew all these images? Seems like some district 9 viral marketing if any of the heavy UFO buffs have never heard of this case.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

Maybe a cloaking device was being used to keep radar from recognizing this craft. Ya know, the Romulans are very good with this sort of technology. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by epete22

Hey, well considering this case was documented (with sketches) in 1999 I highly doubt it is viral marketing for District 9, in fact I am sure of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
On the stealth blimps...

Sure, it is a possibility, but I have not seen any specs ever of one in that shape and that large. Even so how can one account for the extreme acceleration and instant deceleration when a witness shined a light on the object? Keep in mind we are talking about something bigger than a pro football stadium. Also, all these stories about stealth blimps, where are they at now? Personally I think they did test out a few but quickly realized issues with that technology, plus it is much easier to use conventional aircraft and satellites for any covert technology, rather than some slowly moving blimp that would still be able to be detected within a few years with enemy advances in detection. Basically IMO the blimps were not practicable. But that is veering off topic.....

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

But every witness would have a different sketch pattern. These are all drawn by the same person. Did the same person interview these people and draw these sketches off of their encounter?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There are several unclassified designs of stealth blimps -
(1) [url=http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_generic.jsp?channel=awst&id=news/020606p2.xml]

(2) farm4.static.flickr.com...

(3) www.defensetech.org...

You might want to also check out this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yes - these things are larger than a football stadium and do have (the smaller ones) scramjet engines for "bursts of speed" ... these things have been tested over many areas of the US (mainly the mid and southwest) and some of these test flights included WarGame-esque training missions (yes, the military does this all the time) over civlian territory to evaluate the effectiveness of the system as well as the psychological response of the public (exaggerations about the size of the craft - "a mile wide, etc.") They are responsible for a large number of "triangular shaped" silent cra ft sightings (due to the configuration of lights on the various versions). There are other, smaller aircraft that are responsible for the smaller, more maneurable triangular craft - I suggest you look into the Lockheed "AARS" Program (Project Quartz or TIER III) , the Northrup "THAP" (TR-3) or the Boeing/Lockheed "Brilliant Buzzard"....although the larger blimps are sometimes mistaken for smaller, lower flying craft because of their large size and the high altitude at which they normally operate (optical illusion).

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by epete22

No, all the sketches are not the same. But most are drawn by the investigator. Either way all 22 confirmed witnesses have made large statements on the event. Trust me this is NOT a D9 viral.

Helpful Links

• www.ufobc.ca...

Detailed Witness Accounts

FOX 1
    FOX 2/3 Testimony
    Fox 3 Detailed
    FOX 4/5
    FOX 6
    PEL 1
    PEL 2/3
    PEL 4,5,6, and 7
    Carmack 1,2,3, and 4
    Carmack 5,6,7,8, and 9

Check those out, hopefully those and the site link should answer your questions.

• posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
    link   
    reply to post by TSZodiac

You do know a Scram Jet can only function when the air around it is already supersonic right?

A scramjet requires supersonic airflow through the engine; thus, similar to a ramjet, scramjets have a minimum functional speed, about Mach 8.[1] Thus scramjets require acceleration to hypersonic speed via other means. A hybrid ramjet/scramjet would have a lower minimum functional Mach number, and some sources indicate the NASA X-43A research vehicle is a hybrid design. Recent tests of prototypes have used a booster rocket to obtain the necessary velocity. Air breathing engines should have significantly better specific impulse while within the atmosphere than rocket engines.

en.wikipedia.org...

The UFO was not moving at supersonic speeds, so therefore a SCRAM Jet would not be functional (SCRAM means Supersonic Combustion Ram Jet)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:40 PM
    link   
    Yes, its true that this was true of scramjet engines until about 1992 I think, when the next generation of "injected" scramjet engines (still classified) were developed, allowing for (nearly) the speed of a scramjet from a near standstill - I imagine you've seen videos or reports of lights that suddenly zip across the sky? This is the engine driving those craft - so far they've only been used in drone-type unmanned vehicles, but there are designs for vehicles of this type that would be used for transport of small special operations groups into an operations area...but I don't think that's been tested yet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join