It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will soon have little to be proud of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Below is a link that lists many historical events, once considered "crazy talk" from "conspiracy theorists" by skeptics, that eventually turned out true. Understand that this list contains only those events that were proven. There are thousands more that are yet unproven due to various reasons. Even when true, these are not the kinds of things that can be easily figured out. Perpetrators to serious crimes will, for obvious reasons, go to great lengths to prohibit clarity of their deeds! When these perpetrators are among controllers at the top of power and influence, logically a disproportionate percentage of them escape exposure? Therefore, this list most likely reflects only a small percentage of what it would had we an honest system of justice? As some of us know, "justice for all" is as truthful as "the check is in the mail" or "I won't c*# in your mouth"!

List of proven conspiracies

conspiraciesthatweretrue.blogspot.com...
This is a list OR INDEX of conspiracies considered proven to have existed or officially covered-up (and or later discovered) with or without newer evidence.

Included are events described by different meanings of the word conspiracy: an agreement between two or more natural persons to break the law (or have the law unconstitually changed) at some time in the future (civil conspiracy and criminal conspiracy); conspiracy in the sense of conspiracy theory; or actions undertaken in secret (and outside public legislative processes) to obtain some goal, usually understood with negative connotations....read more

I got to thinking about this lately, our civilization is nothing close to what it used to be? As long as people fail to recognize their potential power to do something about it, these deeds will continue to go on in the name of us all. Just look at The United States of America? This country was founded on a system of protection from tyranny and oligarchy. The unfairness of British rule is precisely what fueled the Revolution. Many virtuous accomplishments, fought by courageous, honorable men, are found throughout American history. Surely there were scandals, but these morally righteous deeds used to overshadow them. Slowly this ratio is turning for the worse. Any goodness nowadays is rarely found, or heard of? Seems the only thing found in abundance these days is greed and suffering? Have we lost this sense of morality, or was it taken from us?

While man has made monumental strides in medicine, we have little to show for it in our health? Our health is deteriorating, especially mental health. Certainly deteriorating is the availability of health care! Wars are prevalent as ever, maybe worse? America has continually been in some war, or conflict, since WWII. We have added problems too, like HIV/AIDS and damage to the environment. Hunger is the same or worse? Child diseases are ever increasing. Education is moving downward, food has become poisonous and now another mass redistribution of wealth? Quality of life for average people is stagnant at best!

So what's left to be proud of? At the rate we're going, soon there will be no human kindness or virtue at all! We will soon have little, if not nothing, to be proud of! I hope I am wrong?

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Can anyone think of any current work that will be looked back on with admiration? Something to be proud of that will reflect in the modern human legacy?

I'm not meaning this to be a challenge, but an honest inquiry. I'd like nothing more than to see these pages filled with honorable achievements! I'm hoping for a time when that is possible, but is now even close to that time?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

Can anyone think of any current work that will be looked back on with admiration? Something to be proud of that will reflect in the modern human legacy?

I'm not meaning this to be a challenge, but an honest inquiry. I'd like nothing more than to see these pages filled with honorable achievements! I'm hoping for a time when that is possible, but is now even close to that time?

First and foremost, Star and Flag for an excellent post.

Thank you for that ammunition in the list of proven conspiracies.

I promise to shoot it true, and not abuse it just for self bias.

As to some of the things that have been done, but are being slowed
or tripped up I offer a few.

Cold Fusion experimentally confimed

Flipping the switch on cancer - the enzyme that fueled the warburg paradox and how to starve cancer

We can grow hydrogen in a jar with algae and end oil

Airborne wind turbines may tap 1% of the jet streams and power the entire earth

One undersea current has the power of 135 times all the rivers in the world

Aquanator could tap the power in river and ocean currents

Giving the rabbits of the world 2 mediine types would feed the world...and then some

I got more I may add later...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Hello, Ex_M, and thank you for your reply!

Now, these things you've mentioned are exactly what I'm talking about except for one thing, implementation! Projects being encouraged and funded, not driven by profit, but by the good they can provide. These ideas are great, but unless they are implemented, can we consider them accomplishments? My OP wasn't very clear regarding my meaning. I'm referring to the legacy of mankind. While these things are proud accomplishments deserving of those that created them, they cannot be attributed to mankind's legacy unless practiced.

The concept of growing hydrogen in a jar to end oil dependence is certainly a proud achievement, but to whom? Those that individually played a part in developing it are deserving for sure, but as a civilization it can only be conceived an accomplishment if implemented. Actually, suppressing or preventing something that could provide an unselfish benefit to the world is not only an unacknowledged accomplishment to mankind, but a shameful act as well.

I believe that man is and always will be good. There will always be an abundance of dreamers and inventors with only the best intentions, but mankind is another story. No matter how many good things man will have created to be proud of, only effects caused by mankind can be related to his legacy. If mankind fails to implement mans righteous ideas then only mans legacy is proud, while shame is the legacy of mankind. One example of this is world hunger. The fact is, even if it's cured tomorrow, mankind has already failed world hunger and failure will be his legacy no matter what happens in the future!

Thanks again. You know, your list given here would be a good thread topic on its own! The conspiracy of suppressing technologies that benefit people, but devastate profits?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

True, a lot of things have been bought up and stuck on a shelf
to never see the light of day.

I do not think the good ppl are willing to stand up to the greedy
and power hungry.

That is why the greedy power hungry control freaks always shear
the sheep over and over, and the majority of the world lives in squalor.

I do not see it changing anytime soon, unless there is a world wide
refusal to participate in their systems anymore and establish true
democracy and boot the elitist thieves to the curb.

I have a dim view on the odds that the ppl will stand up for themselves,
history has shown they will kneel and give unto Caesar what Caesar says
is his.

So I plan to bugout while the country falls apart, and it is coming,
and it was planned.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
There is something so wrong with today's world. We have nice technology, but people definitely aren't happier. It seems just about everyone is depressed and miserable. No wonder everyone takes pills.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

One important accomplishment that I feel deserves some pride is the www.
It allowed you to express yourself to more people than ever before in history. If there is any hope I think it can be found in the web.

Is selfexpression important? To me it is.

S&F

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (London, 8 June 1955), is an English engineer and computer scientist and MIT professor credited with inventing the World Wide Web

en.wikipedia.org...

Imo, if the US even quarter lived-up to the way it portrays itself, it could have something to be proud of.

Unfortunately, Americans are regarded as people who presume the right to overthrow, destroy, dictate, torture, murder, rob and play stand-over men when it comes to other nations and cultures

but whine and stamp their feet in a temper tantrum when their own comfort is disturbed

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
star, and flag for a great thread.

As far as many conspiracy theories not having proof, I have no concern,or doubt in their validity. It's different than ignorance. I'd guess people here on ATS read enough different conspiracies, that in one way, or another they've learned to think outside of the box. The PTB have built very clean tidy boxes for all of our thought processes, and actual thoughts to fit in; they conditioned this box into us through mainstream education. So, for people here to 'see' a conspiracy which is really there, but denied by the PTB, and most of the controlled society/sheeple, I find validity in their words.

IMO their is a large percentage of abstract thinkers here; no boxes, and not necessarily 'neat'.

I find pride in my fellow man at the most surprising times. Usually in the darkest times for myself; someone will come forward, and spin it all around with kind words, actions, or deeds geared in a general way toward their fellow man, and Nature. I'm proud of having the honor to see those few, and far between occurrences; makes me back off from hating everything, and realize circumstance, and chance plays a pivotal role.

I'd have to agree re: the Internet. I think it is proving to be a very large road block for the PTB

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hello, whaaa. Thanks for the insight.

I agree completely. The internet has opened doors to communication and much more. I remember the 2004 tsunami tragedy providing a glimpse at how powerful a tool the web could be. Disaster relief funds via the internet first became noticeable during Tsunami 2004. The significant effect the internet had on the volume, as well as the speed, of global contributions for disaster relief! So much help so fast was never possible before the internet provided this phenomenon. Despite the scams and ripoffs that came with it, this was proof positive of how connected the world had become through the internet.

So, that's one thing we can probably all agree to be proud of, but it's only one thing! There undoubtedly are more, but sad as it may be, they are few. Far fewer than what could be for sure!

new topics

top topics

join