It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Insane Discoveries That Science Can't Explain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cassini

It really does! Which makes it even more unfathomable as to why we don't hear a lot more about it.

Assuming it is of biological origin, this thing must be massive! Is there a possibility of it being a creature from a former age?

Could it be this cuddly little guy?

I doubt it
I'm not one of those 'dinosaurs still walk the earth' types, so it's highly unlikely for it to be our Tylosaurus, pictured above.

But if the experts are right about the origin of the sound being from a living creature, then it would have to be an amazing thing to actually see.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

The Baghdad batteries:

Take them to Egypt. Somewhere inside the Sphinx, they'll find several holes. Plug these batteries in there and the Sphinx's eyes will light up. Then it will start scooting around the desert floor making a mechanical barking sound.

Yeah, I know you already read it but it had me laughing so fricken hard that I just had to post it.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Got a question- anyone ever suggest to these people to pull a Davinci on the text, see what happens when it's reversed and turned upside down?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here's the Manuscript in .pdf form.

Voynich Manuscript

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
Let me be the one to offer another possibility regarding the Voynich Manuscript... for giggles.

Please don't hurt me badly, I really do find this all very fascinating.

Hurt you? I LOL'd so hard I want to hug you! The VMS as a 15th cent. Fantasy RPG Manual is hysterical and oddly perhaps, according to Occam's Razor, the simplest and most likely possibility.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by Ownification

The Baghdad batteries:

Take them to Egypt. Somewhere inside the Sphinx, they'll find several holes. Plug these batteries in there and the Sphinx's eyes will light up. Then it will start scooting around the desert floor making a mechanical barking sound.

Yeah, I know you already read it but it had me laughing so fricken hard that I just had to post it.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by gemineye]

The picture for it was even more funny, reminded me of the latest transformers

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The manuscript itself gives you the key, you put it in a mirror and fold each page. It's like the last page of Mad Magazine. The fold in effect will translate itself in a mirror.

You guys didn't know that?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I noticed a few things on the VMS I had never noticed before (that's what I get for drinking an entire bottle of Port while scrutinizing a text).

Many Medieval Grimoires would incorporate clues to deciphering the text. The very first plate contained in the Astrological section was a series of several concentric circles with characters spaced upon them. It was upon viewing that particular chart when my mind immediately thought back to the undecipherable encryption method presented by Johannes Trithemius in his Steganographia from the 15th century...when it all of a sudden hit me that this one Astrological Model that was not similar to any of the other Astrological diagrams contained in the Voynich is a Code Wheel!

So now, the only part that remains is the key to using this particular Code Wheel...

The very last section of the VMS, unlike the rest of the VMS, contains no illumination, pictures, or diagrams, other than rosettes as marginalia. For the first time out of thousands of times scrutinizing the text I noticed that these decorative rosettes are displaying a mathematical equation! The first two pages the center of every other rosette is rubricated. After that, it begins to alternate, seemingly randomly, but at specific intervals. As you glance at each page it seems to be decorative and symmetrical, but regarded as a whole it appears to be the mathematical key to using the Code Wheel from the Astrological section.

So, I have a working hypothesis. Now, it's just a matter of making 7 copies of the Code Wheel and assembling a functioning one, and then playing with the number pattern in the last section of the VMS to see if it will generate something that can be deciphered and translated.

I talked with some old friends about this hypothesis and every single one of them agreed that it's almost too easy of a solution that it is no wonder it has been overlooked previously. I fear though that proving my hypothesis may be over my head as my specialty isn't cryptology, but Medieval Grimoires, Elizabethan Magic, and Paleography instead.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

How and Why did this end up on BTS.
No offense to BTS supporters but...
:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
good point slayer69, can`t understand why this should be here at all. Some of these are genuine mysteries. think someone should be able to explain why this was moved to this forum

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join