It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Insane Discoveries That Science Can't Explain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Cyrillic Projector

This is another crypto statue done by the artist who did the one for the CIA.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
Can you give me the link to your website. I'm still puzzled by this research needed, research mode [on]ON[/on]

I took all of my websites down in 2002 after the Cease & Desist letter (and even gave up my more coveted domain names). I might see if I can dig up some good material on the Project that is sitting on some of my old Hard-drives lying around and upload them here to ATS.

The Jacques Guy Project was actually started by Jim Gillogly (then of the RAND Corporation) and Jim Reeds (then of Bell Labs) back in 1991. The group came to an end in 2004. I personally stopped contributing around 1997. Their website is still up at Voynich Manuscript Mailing List. Even though we were coordinating our efforts digitally, you must understand that before the advent of the Web we were all working from either fuzzy printouts from Microfilm or for the fortunate few of us who had our own Microfilm and Microfiche Readers right next to our computers, we were using the actual Microfilm from the Beinecke Library.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Thanks man, I am in the right direction

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
makes you wonder what else they can't explain

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I would also add the Piri Reis map. Whoever made that had to have gone into space.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

Easy . . . .

pressurized washer machine.

When you put the clothes in, pressurize it to the atmospheric pressure of sea level, then commence washing and drying.

Shouldn't be that hard.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Key word... if it were A code. Odds are the Voynich manuscript combines several codes within it, along with such other obfuscations as personal shorthands, syllabus characters, nonsense characters, and the like.

This is either a trade log, or some sort of alchemical / occult text. if it's the latter, we have zero chance of ever deciphering it - the code was probably kept in its writer's head, to protect himself and his work. if it's a trade log, there might be a cipher to break it with.

A computer only knows what its programmers know. It's just able to speed up the process considerably. If we don't have the data to give the machine, it can't make anything out of what's presented.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Let me be the one to offer another possibility regarding the Voynich Manuscript... for giggles.

Please don't hurt me badly, I really do find this all very fascinating.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

what do you mean "dont even try it?" that is the most ignorant thing i think ive ever read...
maybe you shouldnt try it, but the more people see thing like this, the more chance someone will come up with a cipher for it. DB

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So Jesus can solve these?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I agree that the Piri Reis map should have been on that list.

That is the most fascinating thing I have ever seen.
But this manuscript is pretty cool, too.

How about those pipes in China? Anyone have any thoughts on those?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think the bloop should be top of the list personally. Do not think I have ever seen a proper explanation of what it could really be anywhere. I only thing with it is from what I`ve read it only be heard a very limited number of times or even just the once. Great fun, would love to know what it is...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I love and hate cracked lists. though I don't always agree, they make good points that defend their argument on the position of the list well enough

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

simple - as soon as I read your thread - I have a zero gravity clothing cleaner.

where do I send it in too... ?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

uhm... the antikythera device was reproduced recently... thats one mystery solved...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
I think the bloop should be top of the list personally. Do not think I have ever seen a proper explanation of what it could really be anywhere. I only thing with it is from what I`ve read it only be heard a very limited number of times or even just the once. Great fun, would love to know what it is...

I second that cassini.

The bloop is perhaps the most intriguing of the lot, as it's here and now - so to speak.

It sent a chill down my spine the first time I listened to it! To think that there might very well be a creature considerably bigger than the largest whale still in existence is amazing.

What surprises me is that we don't hear of expeditions or concerted research into what it might be.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
weirdest thing I`ve ever heard. I was listening to a podcast not so long ago where it was being discussed and it was a panel of skeptical thinkers and none could offer any real explanation at all. I think its rare for there to be a true mystery even on this site, this one has it hand down

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco

what do you mean "dont even try it?" that is the most ignorant thing i think ive ever read...
maybe you shouldnt try it, but the more people see thing like this, the more chance someone will come up with a cipher for it. DB

Erm, I think you might have taken Ownification's words the wrong way. In fact, after checking, they're not his words in the first place! It's part of the quote!! All its trying to convey is the sheer complexity - or perhaps unfathomable nature of the Manuscript.

Perhaps you need to have a cup of tea and a lie down.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Voynich Manuscript is a manual of another world, I've always thought this.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We have a thread about these already..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join