It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Deep Space plan a way to kill manned exploration of space?

page: 1

join
share:
GD

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
One of the options for manned exploration of space is to kill the return to the moon and peform manned fly-by's of a Near Earth Asteroid, Venus and Mars. To me, it seems that these misions are likely to be scrubbed, because these types of observaions can be done remotely. Am I the only one that sees this as a backdoor to cance the manned exploration of space?

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Who wants to do away with manned exploration?

The article is not about "killing" moon landing, it is about the administration not providing enough funding to do so. The budget is being proposed to be cut. The panel is coming up with ways to keep manned exploration alive within the constraints of that budget cut.

If the administration wanted to end manned exploration it wouldn't be difficult to do so. Just cut the budget even more.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GD

I would guess it would depend on if they intend to use light-speed anti-gravity alien flying saucer technology ships to perform those fly-by's, or if they intend to continue to use the laughably inept and archaic rocket ship technology.

GD

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know it doessnt specifically say that the administration wants to kill manned space flight. It just seems to me that these missions would be cheaper and of much lower risk if performed robotically. If that is the case, the arguement would be made that manned exploration is nont necessary...

new topics

top topics

join