It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family has an entire building for half a million dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It sounds like a dream-come-true: having a huge 32-story condo building in Florida all to yourself.

Victor Vangelakos, 45, recently bought a condominium for $430,000 in the 32-story Oasis I building in Fort Myers, Fla., according to The News-Press.

Vangelakos, a firefighter from Weehawken, N.J., uses it as a vacation residence with his wife and three children.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
doesn't sound too cheap to me. but if it is "cheap" it's probably because they know a hurricane's coming or something.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The dream come true is when someone like this starts welcoming families who've lost their homes into their gargantuan property - based on need, not financial gain. Clearly impractical in 'normal' times. But this time is not normal. Time for a different paradigm: survival of the fittest communities.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Umm I think you quoted portions of the article to deliberately make it sound like for 430k he bought an entire 32 story building... not sure why you did that.

The family bought ONE UNIT in the building, and no one else bought a unit in the Oasis 1 ... they all moved or bought into Oasis 2 .. the building next door. So one building is left vacant but one family, who for some luck of the straws got caught up in technicalities. Now they have no services provided by the management company, people squatting and breaking into the building, raiding the pool. The family is trying to move into Oasis 2, next door like everyone else. For now they are stuck where they are.

The situation is quoted in the article as being "a nightmare" ...

But you wouldn't know that from the OP. Luckily I am bored enough to read the entire article.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

lol Just goes to show people don't read entire articles most of the time. I'm guilty of that myself.

top topics

join