It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

- Experience -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I felt today like all I've learned in historyclass I forget, and I am unexperienced to, so I hold no memory with all what has happened. But I've been memorized to what can suddenly happen. Very interesting!

It's like an echo that is keeping me busy.

I know only what I have experienced in this physical body of mine. I don't know what a war is or how it feels like, in what surrounding I would be. I cannot talk about that.

Fighting. with guns... killing. It's a true disaster, and what for, we need good communication. To look straight forward.

I get anxious. I cannot help it?

fair, being fair, who of you guys is fair?.....

mathematics stay with me. I loved to learn mathematics.

You only know a language when you've been to the country and fully experienced it.

Experience.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I hear what you're saying. Could a mod please use this to a psychology board? I think this could be better on that board.

Anyhow as with your history comment- I just took a history class this summer and it's stayed with me. You can just dismiss it at once. Like after I took it I felt like forgetting everything.

But like I ran into some other historical things relating to what I just learned and now it's ingrained in my memory.

I think it's a matter of what you learn and how often you come across it which is what makes you more succeptible to remembering it.

You probably don't want to study history because it makes you feel bad knowing all the bad stuff that happens because of the elites and their wrong doings. Humanity can be a total ***** sometimes.

I like history because I feel it makes me less ignorant about the past and about the future. I like having a historical mind because then when I discuss stuff about the present I can talk about it from my own experience and from what I know. I like history.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I believe there are a lot of misconceptions about history in the public school systems. I don't know what publisher they are using these days but I seem to remember there is a slant to what the schools want to teach to students. History, to me is more than dates of wars, government programs and what president was in office when these things took place.

I did some genealogy research and read a lot of books about the southwest, read some college archives on the internet, and books that authors had written about their families. I learned a lot about history and lifestyle, crime (both white collar and cowboy), a lot of information about the indian tribes and how they lived among and outside other tribes and about how the country was settled by grants from kings, and who truly settled the southwest, I ordered books and received copies of microfilmed baptisms, marriages, etc. recorded by the Catholic Parishes and documents from the government archives in Washington D.C. and history became real to me, more so than ever. Unfortunately, that is the only area of the US that I really tried to learn and understand about. Wish I could get interested in the northeast area.

new topics

join