It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon (NASA Hacker) fails again - 31 July 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package
but imagine the stuff we could get hold of now with the speed on the net.

Especially if, as McK brags, you aren't stoned most of the time.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Therein lies one of my real issues with McKinnon's claims.

If he was stoned, then he's simply an "unreliable witness" regarding what he claims to have seen.

That would seem an obvious issue, but very few people seem to mention it in these threads.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

If he was stoned, then he's simply an "unreliable witness" regarding what he claims to have seen.

That would seem an obvious issue, but very few people seem to mention it in these threads.
How does smoking weed make you an un-reliable witness??? Its obvious you don't have a clue so please don't comment.
If any thing at all happened from smoking weed, he would have forgot what he found, not make up some bull****.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is still going on with Gary McKinnon?

I haven't heard about this guy in a while, so I figured they let this guy go, but I guess not....that really sucks for him.

I remember the first time I heard about him via project camelot.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
More coverage of the latest decision and reaction to it...

The Guardian newspaper's website has a new article about the reaction on the Internet to today's ruling.

Bloggers vent anger over Gary McKinnon extradition decision

Momentum grows online in support of reversing Gary McKinnon's extradition to the US after he hacked into the country's government computers

The high court's decision to uphold the computer hacker Gary McKinnon's extradition to the US has provoked an outpouring of anger online.

The subject is one of the top 10 trending topics on Twitter under #freegary. It is also trending under #garymckinnon. Twitscoop shows a graph of how interest in the story shot up following the decision.

Many users have attached "Free Gary" logos to their Twitter avatars.

Peter Lamb, from Glasgow, sums up the mood. He writes: "It appears our government is weaker and spineless than I had at first anticipated. My thoughts are with Gary and Janis [his mother]."

Okse tweets: "Dear USA, if Gary McKinnon broke into your security system do not punish him, work with him to make your security system better."

Brelson is urging people to express their objections in a letter to their MPs.

The blogger's sample letter says: "I and many other voters had hoped that, under Gordon Brown and Barack Obama, the relationship between the US and the UK had progressed from the arguably dark days of the mid-2000s, and that sufficient trust now existed for the US to allow Mr McKinnon's trial on British territory and under British laws.

This decision suggests otherwise and condemns a vulnerable British citizen to a disproportionately long confinement period, thousands of miles from his family in a notoriously violent prison system. The moral case for this is indefensible even if the legal case is not."

Chris McNamara from Chicago gives rare dissenting voice. He says: "Gary McKinnon, if you didn't illegally access U.S. Gov. computers in the first place you wouldn't be facing extradition! You deserve this!"

There has been no word from the prime minister's wife Sarah Brown, a usually prolific Twitter user, who expressed her support for McKinnon earlier this month.

The Conservative party were quick to pick up on the anger. The shadow home secretary, Chris Grayling, put out a statement on the party's website saying: "People are right to be extremely concerned about our extradition arrangements."

But he stopped short of saying that any incoming Tory government would block the move.

"Ministers should hang their heads in shame over the Gary McKinnon case" said the LibDem home affairs spokesman Chris Huhne.

There are at least two petitions, here and here, on the Number 10 website, urging the prime minister to revoke the UK's extradition agreement with the US in the wake of the McKinnon case.

There is also a global petition against McKinnon's extradition.

It seems that the latest decision has prompted more sympathy and support than previous rulings against McKinnon - probably because of the diagnosis that he is suffering from Aspberger's Syndrome.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I would love to see what anon group and 7chan 4chan are going to react to this. They are not going to be happy..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Nice, it's nice the way you're tarring every U.K citizen with the same brush, is that just arrogance or is it ignorance that you display? Both?

In the case of Gary Mckinnon, he should not be let off, he should be punished but the punishment should fit the crime and I'd say in this case he's already had his punishment with the threat of decades of prison over his head for years.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
abergers or not

he should not be extradited

the claims of damages are false and he is just a scapegoat and poster boy for anyone who may want to mess with govt computers in the future

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

new video on youtube

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Good to know you have a well rounded grasp of the British psyche.

Your entire post would be akin to a Brit dismissing ALL Americans as fat, lazy, war mongering megalomaniacs. It's sad when a forum which is dedicated to open minded discussion is home to such blinkered idiocy.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
He definitely shouldn't serve 60 year's that's insane, Murderers get less than that in the U.K, they only end up with 25, I mean come on that's ridiculous, I feel sorry for the guy, They shouldn't be allowed to lock him up for that long for such a mediocre crime.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I fear they will throw the key away. Rapists get less.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Okay, so you found your found your way in, and since you KNOWINGLY installed software which was originally designed for interceptions, you thought that you would be treated as an allie friendly.

You are so mistaken...get back to us when your ready willing and able.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hopefully Gary can somehow stall this or prevent it altogether as I really want to see him stay in his home country and be tried there. It would be nice if they'd just drop the charges altogether.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
Hopefully Gary can somehow stall this or prevent it altogether as I really want to see him stay in his home country and be tried there. It would be nice if they'd just drop the charges altogether.

Hmm..some how its gone beyond the... " oops i did not know what i was doing "

You do understand this right ?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

How does smoking weed make you an un-reliable witness??? Its obvious you don't have a clue so please don't comment.
If any thing at all happened from smoking weed, he would have forgot what he found, not make up some bull****.

Unfortunately, that is not necessarily true.

Marijuana is well documented as an hallucinogenic.

It is not a strong hallucinogenic, but it is an hallucinogenic.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I ones have seen a blue clown of about 15inches on my desk when i had taken medical cannabis. So it is indeed not very smart for him to have said that, to be a reliable witness

[edit on 1/8/2009 by Cygnific]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join