It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Questions for One and All...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Greetings all, my first post here...so I'm going to keep it light before I post any argumentative stuff...

Some current Paranormal questions I've been pondering, in no specific order:

1) Do you think it's possible for any sector of the Internet to become 'haunted'? Saw this in a film once (can't remeber which) and the idea seemed interesting enough.

2) [Sorry for running a currently 'cliche' news topic] Presuming ghosts exist, would it be more difficult for Michael Jackson's ghost to 'rest in peace' due to the constant attention/mourning?

3) Presuming spirits are always around us (as if often claimed) are they able to communicate with each other? While I'm on this, would they enjoy watching films with us?

4) Can spirits use their sense of smell? (By gut feel, it seems they often tend to 'see' or 'talk to' people who see them)

5) Would you rather have a genuine 'zero fear' conversation with a (1) Spirit, (2) Angel or (3) 'Alien'?

6) Is it possible to develop your 'sixth sense'?

7) (Not strictly paranormal, but guess it qualifies under the philosophy banner) - Presuming cloning and brain transplants becomes 100% successful, would you transplant your brain into a cloned body of yourself? On this same topic, would it still be you? If it was still 'you', would you do it again, at the 'natural end' of your cloned body? How often would you continue with this transplant procedure?

8) I am watching you right now. (Jokes, I went to get a drink...want some?)

That's it for now folks, hoping some of you found this relatively thought-provoking on at least one level...looking forward to reading some replies.

Glad to be part of this community...

Chat soon,

evlom in South Africa =)

[edit on 31-7-2009 by evlom]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by evlom]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by evlom

1) Do you think it's possible for any sector of the Internet to become 'haunted'? Saw this in a film once (can't remeber which) and the idea seemed interesting enough.

Don't know hope not... Ghost Hackers...?!?

2) [Sorry for running a currently 'cliche' news topic] Presuming ghosts exist, would it be more difficult for Michael Jackson's ghost to 'rest in peace' due to the constant attention/mourning?

I dont know if mourning has anything to do with it, maybe unfinished bussiness (London Tour)

3) Presuming spirits are always around us (as if often claimed) are they able to communicate with each other? While I'm on this, would they enjoy watching films with us?

Im sure that if they had any intelligence they probably would... but unfortunately they lost their brains

4) Can spirits use their sense of smell?

It depends on whether they have a nose... some people dont see a face... just darkness!

5) Would you rather have a genuine 'zero fear' conversation with a (1) Spirit, (2) Angel or (3) 'Alien'?

Anyone of those would be awesome!

I believe we all have it, so yes suppose you could improve it if you knew how to focus on it?

7) (Not strictly paranormal, but guess it qualifies under the philosophy banner) - Presuming cloning and brain transplants becomes 100% successful, would you transplant your brain into a cloned body of yourself? On this same topic, would it still be you? If it was still 'you', would you do it again, at the 'natural end' of your cloned body? How often would you continue with this transplant procedure?

No ways!...creepy

[edit on 31-7-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by evlom

Interestingly enough I do, at least from a certain point of view. If we are truly just energy when we are past death assuming we are aware of our state and it's abilities/limitations we could easily travel a circuit just as well as a staircase. At least I can think of no reason why it wouldn't be possible. Of course there's also the assumption that we'd be able to manipulate the circuitry/data on the interests many varied hosts. So, in a broad theory yes, I believe it....but I make some assumptions to get there, I admit it....I'm kind of a fan of the thought of there truly being a "ghost in the machine"

I think it would be more difficult, but I think the reasoning has little to do with attention from others than it does with unsettled business here. I don't know much of MJ or his life but I can't imagine he was settled before he passed.

I've always pondered this question myself and I think they can communicate with each other...and I imagine that they'd enjoy watching a movie or TV with us as much as they did when they were alive. Meaning if they didn't like TV before they passed I"d imagine they didn't find a new love for "House" with a whole universe to explore.

4) Can spirits use their sense of smell? (By gut feel, it seems they often tend to 'see' or 'talk to' people who see them)

Interesting question...again, I come to the conclusion of probably...the reason I say this is that I've seen activity pick up sometimes when around a particular scent. For instance a male spirit haunts a place and tends to manifest around women wearing a perfume similar to that of his wife.

A Sprit...for personal reasons.

I sure hope so.

I would do it, I'd probably give myself a couple of lifetimes just to experience different things here before I pass on willingly...somehow I don't think I"m going to be able to cram all I want to do into this one life...lol

8) I am watching you right now. (Jokes, I went to get a drink...want some?)

yes please.

Great thread...I hope we get a few responses on this one.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hiya halfmanhalfamazing and MythMaster, Thanks for your replies....well, my first thread was a success, folks replied, which I'm happy about. Thanks for your thoughts, evlom

top topics

join