It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mantracker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Anyone else a fan of this show? I love this show. I always can't wait to watch it.

I would totally do this show if I didn't have arthritis.

And it is so competetive even though there is no money involved.

The cons though is that I really think they need to do it in areas where Mantracker has more access to the bush. As oppossed to following and waiting on the road most of the time.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I love that show too. I've been watching the re-runs on the Science Channel. The guy is a badass.

That point about the bush is a good one. Most of the time the people getting chased just run into the thick stuff and they're good for a while.

But it's a good chase.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think the best part is the bragging and talking smack, but he gets them half the time. Or if they win it is not by much. I think the biggest margin was by the army trained police officers.

I just watched the one with the two blondes. They did an incredible job, even though they didn't make it.

To have to do 25 miles in 36 hours is grueling anyways. Much less being chased by a badass on a horse.

But what Mantracker can see is pretty amazing. The way he can read sign is always interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I like when Mantracker get's angry. Like at those guys who put the firecracker with the trip wire for the horse. Or knock his hat over. I wouldn't want to make him angry.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just want to know how they film it. When you have a cameraman that can somehow get a shot of the prey and mantracker in the same shot..... it makes me question just how set up the show is.

I really enjoy it though, so perhaps I shouldn't dig too deep. I would hate to ruin it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Isnt it filmed in Canada only? I have a Canadian buddy who tryed out for the show lol. I'm so jealous.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I thought about that too. Then I just went along with it and enjoyed the show.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think they must have really able cameramen. I caught a glimpse of one booking it after a prey one time. I am sure they do reshots, like most reality shows. Just more of the scenic moments, like the horse feet in water or something.I think the cameramen must give them away sometimes. But that could work both ways.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sikmike620

It is strictly Canada. Did your buddy get it? I wonder what the qualifier is?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
We don't get this in the UK, but I just watched the "Jeff and Magnus" epi on youtube.
I gotta say that is a cool concept for a TV show.

If you ask me i'd say it's not set up at all, the camera man/men get their shots and have to move on with the Prey or Mantracker.
I'd also bet there are rules that the cameramen can't help anyone (as in pointing out the prey or the tracker) but if the prey can see the tracker then the cameraman can too.

Well thats what i'd hope for anyway.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I think it would work both ways. Cameramen give away tracker. They give away prey.

What I also like that Mantracker does is he goes old school and relies on animals to give away the prey. Such as deer suddenly taking of or their horses watching something.

I would like to have a beer with the guy sometime.

he sees amazing things that the average person can't see. Like there is a boot print here and the show will have to highlight it to show you.

when he was able to figure out that two guys backed up in their footprints, I was pretty impressed.

I think you can watch full episodes on this site.

link

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sikmike620

Did you buddy ever get called for the show? Just curious. I would love to know what happened.

Also, this season for the first time they are in the US. And had an American. It was strictly Canadian up to this point.

SO I am thinking that Americans can apply for it too. They were in SOCal on the one I saw. Thought of all the places in teh US. But it looks rugad.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have enjoyed watching Mantracker on occasion but,I really can't get into it as much as Survivorman due to the lame chase scenes and catering trucks in the background(joking of course).

I just cant take it seriously with a camera crew on both ends.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I've never seen it, but would love to be put to the test. I think that I would have a very good chance at not being caught, but then again, who knows unless you have tried it.

I think I shall look for it online and have a look see.

new topics

top topics

join