It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gemstone Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Can someone give me any information on gemstones and their physical and metaphysical effects? Their effectiveness? Some sort of history behind them?

Also can anyone validate through experience that hematite rings absorb negative energy and break for that reason.

I baught some gemstones, had some guy i met make me a good combination, and felt some changes within once they were in my aura. Pretty neat stuff i just wonder if anyone is knowledgable here on the topic.

Any help is appreciated.

Blessings to all.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ugh i wish this thread wasnt moved its getting no light here.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'll help out. There are some threads on the topic, but I'll answer any personal issues.

Yes, hematite is known for absorbing negative energy, I can validate that through experience, but I haven't heard of many breaking because of that. It's possible. It's very strong, energy wise, though. It sounds familiar, it's possible a customer told me that it happened to them at one point.

I worked in a store that sold gemstones and minerals.

It depends on the effect you want, really. My stone is labradorite but it used to be chrysocolla. I get the best effect with labradorite at this point for my purposes.

Every stone is different. I recommend this book: www.amazon.com...

Do you know which gemstones you bought, that he put together for you? I used to do that for customers all the time.

I'm knowledgeable on the topic. Other members are, too. But I have some free time, haha.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

Also can anyone validate through experience that hematite rings absorb negative energy and break for that reason.

It probably breaks because it is made of stone.
I consider gemstones to have a good placebo effect but as far as anything tangibly useful (apart from apparent beauty) I'm afraid it's all in the mind.

This is my opinion.

Take the sugar pill if it pleases you, but realise that you don't need these crutches, just your mind

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Maybe some oil would help with breaking cracking issues? other than that ... stones are stones.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Gemstones can have a placebo effect. I think so, anyway.

Where I used to work people came in asking for stones for certain things. People have decided which stones are good for some things, which are bad for others.

I know most of that stuff, just because I worked with it.

But I wouldn't like... use gemstones to help a problem without actually trying to fix the problem myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yup, stones are stones. Or maybe not... I have read some interesting stories about moldivite and honestly wifey won't allow it in the bedroom at night (strange dreams). Any hermatite brought into this house has broke. It is fragile, to be sure. But there is also a lot of negative in this house full of teenagers

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Certain stones/gems have "felt" good to me. That's all I know. I wear an unfaceted moldavite tektite. I like it. I don't know why, I just know that I don't like being without it. Nothing bad happens on the rare occasion I take it off.

When I lived in the U.S. I had a job for money and a job for fun. I used to make jewelry and set semi-precious stones and gems. Much of it was not custom, just stuff I made and sold. Most people (this was in California) seemed to prefer silver over gold, and malachite, lapis lazuli, amethyst were very popular.

I think there might well be something to the resonating power of various minerals; I also think it's likely that I can only glimpse it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

4stral4, I just came across this site after a quick googlification. I've never seen this site before, and know nothing of the properties that they ascribe to various minerals. Just thought it might be a starting point for your inquiry.

cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

It probably breaks because it is made of stone.
I consider gemstones to have a good placebo effect but as far as anything tangibly useful (apart from apparent beauty) I'm afraid it's all in the mind.

This is my opinion.

Take the sugar pill if it pleases you, but realise that you don't need these crutches, just your mind

Or maybe since you think its impossible that rocks cant be more then just rocks that it causes a placebo effect where you don't feel anything? Or your just not sensitive to subtle energies?

I've been reading books on auras recently and it talks of how everything in our aura will effect us. I believe this to be true as i can feel when certain objects enter my auric field, such as stones. It helps to be concentrated and really relaxed.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Try checking out this site:

crystal-cure.com...

You can click on each gemstone you are interested in, listed alphabetically, and research it that way.

Then, as you get more involved, you can buy books broken down by topic such as: gemstones for healing, protection, insight, etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Thank you for this thread and the links!

Most people do not seem to be aware of the effects of certain vibrations but they are influenced by them none the less. I remember as a child we would sometimes go to an area with a lot of gemstones. They would leave me at the stone counter and would go off and do other things. When they were finished some time later they came back and got me. I was still looking at the stones exactly where they left me. I was completely mesmerized by them. The energy from them made it seem like they were alive, like they were dancing. I'm not as sensitive to them now but still feel them. Funny thing is that most people value diamonds. They feel flat to me!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh yeah! Why I didn't think of adding this experience as it happened a week or two ago I have no clue! Either way my hematite rings, which are said to absorb negative energy and break, BROKE straight off both my hands as I was walking to my homies house. O_O I was stressed for days straight during this time.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i know this thread hasn't been touched in a couple months, but OP, i just saw it on your page.
and i was so disappointed that so many overlook the very real energy of crystals and minerals!

since i began working with crystals and gemstones i've made leaps in self-awareness and emotional healing. something that years of medication and therapy couldn't compare to.
this is in addition to the physical, day-to-day uses i find for them. as well as meditation, introspection, creating a stronger link between my SELF and I. yes, crystals/minerals/rocks/stones/gems/whatever you wish to call them are a big assist in my life and my S.O.'s life.
i guess my first experience with labradorite didn't hurt my acceptance of stone energy...i held it in my hand and immediately muscles in the middle of my palm (where the stone was placed) started twitching wildly! since then, i've been a believer.

i agree that the placebo effect goes both ways.
for example, hypnosis can have very real, measurable effects on a person in many ways...but it depends solely on the persons belief.
its easy to say that the placebo effect contributed to the POSITIVE results...but since there are real effects and the only real results to someone that doesn't believe it will work are that it doesn't. no effect. so which is the placebo effect? perhaps both?

and as far as stones breaking, i may be superstitious but i believe that it can mean many things and can the meaning can only be examined or known by you. i've had stones break that i viewed as a catalyst or maybe a warning of a somewhat traumatic situation and i've had stones break where i feel that they just gave all they could or wished to give.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Wow, your post reminded me of a topic regarding placebos, I'm so going to work on it tonight and make a thread on it tomorrow. I love you more then you could ever know =]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Speaking of gemstones... Have any of you ever heard of the gem moldavite? It's some pretty interesting stuff.. or so I hear. I wish I had something to elaborate on, however, I have never experienced it personally. Perhaps someone else could.

top topics

join