It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS SETI@Home Recruitment - the Final Push

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Speaking of "welcomes," it's good to see you again, Genya. I'm have SETI@Work withdrawal, so perhaps having someone to commiserate with will make it better.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hi Spectre!!

LOL! Yes, SETI@work is quite strange at the moment - I'm able to access the team stats from here but the "All teams" comparison seems to be down (and has been for a long time IMO).

Added to that, is my total inability to access any BOINC team data - as my variuos "cri de couer's" on the 46000WU thread will attest!!

Anyway, the SETI@home "classic" teams still doing good stuff Spectre - I'm still hoping we can get to 200kWU's before the plug is pulled!!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've been lax in my social obligations like welcoming new members, but I'm very pleased to have the new people pulling with us. My network of PCs at home is having some "technical difficulties" resulting in my inability to control them remotely and, more to the point, not producing any work units. My house-sitter is supposed to work with me soon to get it resolved. Until then I am down to about 10 w/u a day.

BOINC hasn't worked for me in a while, so I went back to the classic SETI.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
...Until then I am down to about 10 w/u a day....

Now *that's* just showing off!!

Seriously, I hope BOINC becomes more robust Spectre - reading some of the forums on SETI@home doesn't imspire much confidence at the moment, does it?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I keep scanning the support forum for BOINC hoping to find good news. It is a little disappointing because it was working so well for so long. No doubt that they will get the bugs smoothed out soon.

Until then, I am still aiming at SETI@Home Classic. The SETI@Work Teams Comparison is back up. The ATS team has jumped up five places to #522 overall! We are within shouting distance of the top 500 teams, about 6200 work units short. At our current rate of 267wu/day we'll make it in about a month.

Any help making the jump sooner is welcomed. If anyone knows any SETI users who would like to join the team, please recruit them. If any inactive members want to start again, c'mon in! As always, if you need advice or assistance, please post.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hey guys, Iam kind of new to this so bare with me....

I just started up my SETI@home about a week ago. Ive got about 10wu's done so far.

Whats this talk of "teams"? How do I join? What do I have to do, other than run SETI@home?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hi Spectre!!

Thanx for the info re "Top teams" at SETI@work - I'll try and do an archive post in the 46000WU thread soonest (nearly "tea" time here!!)

BOINC is proving to be challenging: I rec'd a report last week (Friday??) about BOINC being subjected to a DdOS attack recently?? Some people will hack anything, I guess...

What I'm concerned about is the "loss" of information regarding BOINC and, specifically, the ATS teams progress... Using a previous link here, all I get is a "404" error = "Not Found The requested URL /sah/team_display.php was not found on this server."??
Whilst not wanting to go off thread, Spectre, any info as to where the ATS BOINC team has "moved to" please??

As regards recruitment to ATS SETI@home classic - well, that would be fantastic - we appear to have around 187 169 WU's now, so 200k appears feasible...

Let's go get 'em team!!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty

Whats this talk of "teams"? How do I join? What do I have to do, other than run SETI@home?

Hi HD!

Please have a look at this tutorial which explains how to join the ATS SETI@home team. Clicking on my banner signature will also take you to the team's statistics and "sign in" location!

Good luck - let us know when you arrive please!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
AboveTopSecret has a team of members that contribute the work units they search to a common total. If you want to join in -and we would love to have you!- here is the process.

• Go to this URL: Join the ATS-SETI Team
  • Enter the email and password for your SETI account, then submit the request. You should be in!

Let us know how it goes, HD.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've joined the BOINC ATS team, but there are only 11 members and I'm not listed?
Is it not up and running properly yet?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Genya, I have been haunting setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu... to get information on the BOINC project and, as you said, the news has been less than uplifting. All of my other bookmarked BOINC pages are still returning '404' errors.

I'm looking forward to the next archive post because the news just gets better and better for the "Classic" team. I sure am going to hate to see it go.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I just joined the SETI group for AboveTopSecret.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Welcome, Korwatt! Thanks for helping out. I hope to see you start moving up the rankings soon. If we can help you with any problems don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with the searching.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I've joined the BOINC ATS team, but there are only 11 members and I'm not listed?
Is it not up and running properly yet?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Do I have to use SETA@home classic for now or something?
I don't understand - pls help!!
I've got a 3.06Ghz P4 HT - so I'm sure it can contribute a bit!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmithHELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Do I have to use SETA@home classic for now or something?
I don't understand - pls help!!
I've got a 3.06Ghz P4 HT - so I'm sure it can contribute a bit!

Hi AS!

Don't panic!!

First, welcome to the team my friend!

ATS has two teams running SETI@home - the "classic" version here where you can download the classic version. There is also a team that runs BOINC. The BOINC program is designed to replace SETI@home "classic" - details here. However, unfortunately, BOINC appears to have "issues", due no doubt to "new software teething troubles", and I'm not sure how the ATS BOINC team is progressing because of the 404 errors that are being reported eg here, which is where the team stats should be....

So, if you would like to give your HT 3Ghz machine something to do whilst you're not using it for anything else (!!), then by all means download SETI@home "classic" (as previously, from here ) and then please join the team.

The best resource (IMO) is to use is DJDOHBOY's tutorial, as this presentation "talks you through" what's required.

I hope that helps AS, but please ask if there's anything more you need to know? Good luck - and thank you again!!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have now 103 units done and joined, not that much but hopes it works

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJFiyaaBl8
I have now 103 units done and joined, not that much but hopes it works

Cheers DJF!!

Every WU counts, is the name of the game!! (and please download the 100WU certificate too!!)

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Genya, you had asked about BOINC earlier, nd I have progress to report. I downloaded the latest release on a couple of test machines and they pulled in work and started off without a hitch. These are a couple of dinosaurs PCs so I don't expect to rocket up the BOINC team ranks, but at least I'm getting some work done for the new project.

The bulk of my CPU cycles are still turning over units for SETI classic command-line until the good folks over at Berkley lock me out!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I just joined a few minutes ago. great to be on the team!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yup, Sandro, I see you on the list. Welcome to the team! Good luck with the project. I hope to see you rocket up the list as we race to the finish of the classic SETI, then on to the BOINC verison. Give a shout if you have any problems.

'Useful 1diot' joined up yesterday, I noticed. Same goes for you, too. Good luck, have fun with it!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join