It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever entered the sacred "cave of the heart"????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Personally I have had a glimpse of this once in my life so far and it was the bliss of all bliss.

Since we are discussing many spiritual secrets being revealed in this day and age, I'd figure I'd see if anyone knows about this.

For those iron clad skeptics, who for some reason love to hang out in the metaphysical section of ats, why? ...idk. Anyway for you guys there is even scientific proof that the brain/mind is connected with similar brain tissues that are within the heart and there is a specific branch of science that is studying this.

I suggest before replying, read the link:
link

Anyway, anyone else have a glimpse there or is permanently resting within the heart? Would love to discuss.

From link:

They claim to have found evidence that the heart can acquire information intuitively before the brain does, and passes it along to the brain. They have also established from a secular, medical point of view that the same basic technique that Orthodox Christians use to pray hesychastically (that is, to achieve inner stillness and awaken the nous in the heart to God's energies), as well as the meditative technique Taoists recommend to achieve inner stillness and healing, actually do work to achieve something called "heart coherence" , which, in a nutshell, links the heart in a particular state to optimal cortical function. (This would be an extension of the work Dr. Herbert Benson at Harvard did in the 1960s on "the relaxation response" -- Benson's secular technique is closely mirrored by the ancient Orthodox and Taoist techniques.

Also gives more credence to those few who said there is a connection between what Jesus taught and Taoism. At least in gospel of Thomas.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Some more links:
cave of the heart
and
What Maharshi says about it

Although it seems these 2 links are referring to something a little different that what is stated in my first post especially when you study hesychastic approaches or reading the book The Way of a Pilgrim.

Food for thought

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Great OP! I Love using the Heart over the Mind. It is pure and infallible when it comes to relating on an authentic level with another Human BEing!

Fascinating! S+F for you!

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You sir post good topics
SnF

My heart chakra has always been my strongest chakra, with proper discipline one can control the heart.

THat being said i have always believed in two bodies, a physical and metaphysical. Ive heard of the cave of the heart, and have always believed it referred to a state of mind more so than a cave in the heart
or anything having to do with the physical heart for that matter.

Certain meditations can bring one to stillness at which point you can experience the bliss. Lining up your charkras and facing them in a like position has always aided me in reaching the point of inner stillness.

great post.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I felt it a bit reading your OP, it rings true. Resonates congruently (my favorite two words!).

Eckhart Tolle in his book "The Power of Now" suggests paying a great deal of attention to the "inner body" (same thing), which is the seat of the emotional body (one level up). By getting present to and distinquishing the emotional body, we get down to the heart level, or the inner body, and that is a realm far far from the incessant mechanations of the seeking, grasping mind.

Obsering within, and getting present to the stillness of that sacred space, is everything, the Tao, the void, the unmanifest of all manifestation, the love and spirit of the living God.

There's an ATS user I've seen lately with an avatar of a meditating Jesus - that also rings true. He wasn't just a Jewish rabbi, he was also a Buddha and a Bodhisatva, fully indoctrinated into the mysteries of the Tao, which is why I think the story of the Three Wise Men with their three gifts, are just an allegory for the appropriation or full "grokking" of the teachings of those three wise men from the East, from the Orient - Lao Tzu, Confucius and Buddha (who lived nearly contemporary to one another about 600 BC), and the gold, frankencense and mirr, seen as the three prescious 'substances' or 'flavours' of their teachings, now appropriated by Jesus of Nazareth and integrated within the Jewish mystical tradition which includes the Kabbalah and the seed of life and light of God - his true birth occuring at the moment of "grokking" as an epiphany, and a complete transformation of consciousness, to God-consciousness. The star over Bethlehem is what I would call the star of isolate consciousness (all I). Jesus then took this stone, and built around it, with himself as it, now reframed within the contextual framework of the relativity of human being, or a family and a HOUSEhold of God, a "kingdom" in other words, with he himself in the role of the king (as the son of the living God), but not of this world, sent (caused) from another domain, where Godconsciousness is just par for the course! "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

If you were ever born on another world, where sin and evil never even entered the picture, can you imagine what that would be like..?

It would be like our best moments, times a 1000, ALL THE TIME, and that's heaven.

If only we could open our sacred hearts and minds to it, as Jesus did.

Nirvana (heaven) is here now, spread out upen the earth, but men do not see it.
~Gospel of Thomas~

[edit on 30-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For the last 4-5 days I have had off time which is strange cause its been busy at work so I have heard. Anyway, I was called for strongly for the last fed days to contemplation and intense study about the heart, Union, finished a dzogchen book and so on.

Anyway, just an hour ago from me writing this, I went deep into meditation and on the search for this cave of the heart, this center. I felt like I reached the center of the self, it was dark, nothingness, but I felt like this was it.

Next thing you know I feel energy pulsating all throughout my hands and arms and all of it went into this center of my heart, it was soooooo powerful, heat, but also pain, and love, and a knowing that this is it. Its as if it is activating/activated. The whole time it is real strong, I am just happy, laughing allot, I feel it the whole time, my back is sweating from the heat. I am in jubilee in love with God soooo happy this is amazing ....but also that zen is behind it too.

Wow praise God. I love you and everyone else. I really needed something like this. I will go back in there tonight and report back tomorrow. Praise the Lord!!!!!!

top topics

join