It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improvised Explosive Device (IED) found Ocean City Beach Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f39991e390f5.jpg[/atsimg]

Ocean City police say a civilian found a IED on the beach of the a resort in Ocean City Maryland.

It happened Tuesday about 1:50 p.m. on 40th Street and the beach. Police evacuated the area for about an hour. Using robotic equipment, technicians with the Ocean City bomb squad removed the device from the beach to a location in west Ocean City.Technicians found that it was an improvised explosive device and rendered it safe.

The incident is under investigation by the Ocean City Fire Marshal’s office.

freedomfighterradio.net...

wow now people are finding IED's in the US

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
According to this article it was a pipe bomb:

Pipe Bomb Found On Ocean City BeachOCEAN CITY, Md. (AP)

Ocean City police say a civilian found an apparent pipe bomb on the beach of the resort.

wjz.com...

Right. I'm sure this is the first pipe bomb anyone ever made in the U.S. Call it an IED to make an association to terrorism and insurgency and suddenly something new is happening?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Woooooooow, I can't believe that. Call a pipe bomb an IED and I can just sense the utter fear that some people will have after reading an article with that one swap of words.

I'm not saying a pipe bomb is not a big deal. I just can't seem to focus on any other aspect of the story other than the fact that the specifically chose the phrase "IED". It's so obvious what the intention was.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I thought this was going to be something different from the title of the thread. Deceptive. That's messed up.

new topics

top topics

join