It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Warning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

What my grandmother did in the depression era was that they took fans and drapped towels in cold water and hung them on a chair in front of the fan, it worked if they were over heated. You could even take ice water and drape the towels wet over a chair the same way.

I am sorry it is so hot, I can always get warm but the heat is hell to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

great Idea with the hand pump. lack of water will kill you faster that going without food.I am already prepared for what ever ( unless it is an asteroid) may come our way.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
It is 71 degrees here. It is usually 86 at this time of night. It only go up to 78 degrees. The normal high is 90+. It has been more spring to fall like this summer.
In fact we have a 50% chance of thunderstorms tonight.

you care to give any sort of relevance to this thread by stating where you're at, where those temperatures occurred at?

kind of pointless expecting us to try to guess where you're at.

-

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Man, Arizona is sill just plain ole HOT. Never changes. Sometimes it gets hotter,lol

Was 111 today. Heat advisory the last two days with 116 plus humidity.

We did have a bit of a cooler month to begin with though, but now we are back to breaking records.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sydney had it's hottest July day in 90 odd years a week or so ago and it's warmest July night for 40 odd years. It was reported on the news tonight that Sydney's July rainfall was way below average and the average temperature through July was 18 degrees C which was 2 above normal.

I've noticed the High Pressure systems are forming in a more Northerly aspect this past month which is symptomatic of El Nino weather systems for Australia as I recall. I dread El Nino weather patterns in Sydney because during the last one our rainfall was severely lacking for a couple of years or so and our dams were running dangerously low.

It's 11.00pm here at the moment and the temp. is 13 degreesC (55 F)

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Xlynyr]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join