It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetus cut from murdered US woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by swinggal
The same thing has happened many times before in the US. It's terrible. Sometimes I wonder if reporting these things on the news is a good thing...it seems to give other people ideas to perform it themselves.

Here are some other examples:
Pittsburgh case - 2008

Missouri 2004

This has only happened (documented, anyways) 12 times in the United States.. ever.

telegram.com...

I don't know why people keep saying this is common- it most certainly is NOT. Where do you even get your facts from, or are you speaking purely out of ignorance and dis compassion for the victim?

Even if it was common, why would you try to desensitize the situation by writing it off as just "another crime"?

This is an unspeakable act of insanity. No one in their right mind could carve a matured fetus from a pregnant woman's uterus- and I also believe no one in their right mind would write it off as being anything other than purely horrendous and unheard-of.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes

Originally posted by swinggal
The same thing has happened many times before in the US. It's terrible. Sometimes I wonder if reporting these things on the news is a good thing...it seems to give other people ideas to perform it themselves.

Here are some other examples:
Pittsburgh case - 2008

Missouri 2004

This has only happened (documented, anyways) 12 times in the United States.. ever.

telegram.com...

I don't know why people keep saying this is common- it most certainly is NOT. Where do you even get your facts from, or are you speaking purely out of ignorance and dis compassion for the victim?

Even if it was common, why would you try to desensitize the situation by writing it off as just "another crime"?

This is an unspeakable act of insanity. No one in their right mind could carve a matured fetus from a pregnant woman's uterus- and I also believe no one in their right mind would write it off as being anything other than purely horrendous and unheard-of.

12 times IS many times. Once is too many. What I was saying that it is indeed a heinous crime that MAY have been repeated because perpetrators saw the stories of others doing this on the news.

I was NOT trying to desensitise the situation at all. What upsets me is when the news channels make a huge sensation about these apalling crimes and reveal all the gory details to the public, BECAUSE there are those (already unstable) out there watching that would take it upon themselves to do the same to someone else in the future. They may NEVER have thought to do something so horrific if it wasn't for irresponsible, sensationalized reporting of such crimes.

I'm sorry if what i said came across as anything else.

<< 1   >>

join