It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to debate a Democrat on Obama BC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I need everyone's help on this:

Talked to a Democrat buddy of mine about the Obama BC issue and here's what he said:

"Anyone born outside of the US can be President. It does not matter where Obama was born or anyone else for that matter. The Constitution was changed specifically for Arnold Schwarzenegger so he could become Governor of California. Before Arnold there were never any candidates who took office that were not national born citizens. Now all that is required to be in any position of office you must be nationalized."

He continued on that it was because of the Republicans who changed the Constitution to get Arnold in office that we are reaping what we sow. I swear I looked at him with the dumbest look on my face I could not believe what he was telling me.

I was unprepared for this debate, which is why I am calling out to everyone on this. If the liberal left is going to start throwing this at us and they are preparing for outcry of the BC issue then we need facts to back up our debate.

Help me out, tell me what you think and what you know to be true. I'll keep posting any new information I find as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He's probably talking about an ammendment Orin Hatch floated back in 04 that would have allowed foreign born citizens to be President.

You can read about it at the link below.

Foreign-Born President Amendment Sought

It was widely thought the reason around floating this was to allow Schwarzenegger to one day run for POTUS.

However, no change was needed for Schwarzenegger to be gov. Also, the amendment did not pass.

If it had passed, then the whole Obama birth thing wouldn't be an issue because I think he would have been elligible even if foreign born had the ammendment passed.

Funny how things go around isn't it..

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Thank you Frogs! This is what I am looking for. I knew nothing had been changed to elect Arnold but I don't debate or start an argument without my facts.

My concern is: What the hell are the Dems talking about the Reps changing things around? What are they preparing for? We need to put a stop to this rumor and kind of talk coming from the left.

If anyone else finds out anything please let me know. S+F if you think this thread deserves attention.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There a smorgasbord discussions on the Birth Certificate issue.

Please use the search function to find an appropriate thread to add your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join