It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military planning for possible H1N1 outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Military planning for possible H1N1 outbreak

www.cnn.com

The U.S. military wants to establish regional teams of military personnel to assist civilian authorities in the event of a significant outbreak of the H1N1 virus this fall, according to Defense Department officials.

The proposal is awaiting final approval from Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

The officials would not be identified because the proposal from U.S. Northern Command's Gen. Victor Renuart has not been approved by the secretary.

The plan calls for military task forces to work in conjunction with the Federal Emergency Management Agency. There is no final decision on how the mi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
forced vaccination, horror stories, "the new plague" miltary involvement for a relatively benign flu virus - just what the hell is going on here?

Is this just another distraction tactic to take our minds off the economic crisis engineered by those in power?

Or do they know something we don't?

Let's be clear about this - this is a pretty unpleasant bug, but it is nowhere near the normal seasonal flu which kills up to 40,000 in the US alone, EVERY YEAR.

So what makes this particular flu virus different?

NOTHING, it's being used as a propaganda tool for nefarious purposes which we are yet to detect or is simply another tool of disinfo and deflection like the old magicians trick of sleight of hand.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I just read the article and no ware in it does it say forced vaccines at all, I think your jumping to conclusions way to early in the game.

Now as for the military’s role we will have to wate to see the plan before we get all tinfoil hat, and freak out imo.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Let's be clear about this - this is a pretty unpleasant bug, but it is nowhere near the normal seasonal flu which kills up to 40,000 in the US alone, EVERY YEAR.

It is. I've covered the details in another thread, worked the maths when I was suffering from Swine Flu myself

But, this plan is made public, on the week in which a martial law exercise is being carried out across the United States

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Forced vaccines have been mentioned in other threads, many times, just do a search

Why are the military getting involved and why are they making such a big deal out of this - these are questions we should be asking...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Nice find Budski! S & F.

So does this mean they are planning on this flu getting out of hand to the point local and state authorities won't be able to handle it, and will need to bring in FEMA and Military troops?

I live in Missouri and a few weeks ago Camp Lakewood at the Y.M.C.A. here sent 50 something kids home with flu like symptoms but it was never verified as Swine Flu. Monday and Tuesday of this week 42 children were sent home from Camp Sherwood in Lesterville, they do have Swine Flu. I live about 8 miles from Lakewood, and about 20 to 25 from Sherwood, so it's starting to close in on my poor little town which has been Swine Flu free so far.

I think I'm screwed either way. I catch it naturally or through the vaccine I'm pretty much dead. I have a bad heart and just got over a summer cold so my immune system is low right now. I don't know if I could survive the flu right now if it made it to my town. I know we all have to go at some point and I'm not afraid, but,I would prefer not to go vomiting and crapping myself.

infinite, good to see you're still with us my friend. Have you made a full recovery yet?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
is this really f*cking happening?

really?

we need to say NO to this madness!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
dammed if you do, dammed if you don't..
Would you have said the same if these plans were in preparation of hurricane Katrina, and people actually got help.

They were not , so we screamed and yelled and they said next disater happens FEMA and the military will be ready.. so they make readiness plans

Perhaps , just perhaps they don't want to mess up again. IMHO , there is no monster under your bed in this one.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

I see your point Shift and I agree with it. What I'm not seeing is the reason for all this. If you look at the numbers this flu in my opinion is not much to worry about. Until it mutates that is.

Vaccine being rushed through testing.

Governments buying enough of said vaccine to inoculate their whole populations.

Rumors of mandatory vaccinations.

The U.K. stocking up on body bags and ordering inflatable morgues.

All this for a flu with a very low mortality rate? Somebody please help me here. I'm not seeing the logic in this.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Swine flu addicts wake up. smell the java. when the does normal flu season start... Anyone? around Sep and Oct when are you guessing this out break will occur? the same time. think for a minute if there isnt a clear cut vaccine right now, I am not talking about the trial drug coming because it may not work fro everyone and if it doesnt alot of people will get sick, They need to be prepared for the worse. Its called planning ahead for the worse.

Relax if its your time on a few months then its your time. i know what i will be doing to not get sick... Eating moms chicken noodle soup with a glass of O.J. and watching SCOOBE DOO. The swine flu cant get me there. I got MYSTERY INC. and Vitamin C.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
All this for a flu with a very low mortality rate? Somebody please help me here. I'm not seeing the logic in this.

Normal flu mortality rate is 0.05%, 500,000 victims a year. 1 Billion infected.

Swine Flu is 0.69%*, it is near 9% in South America. So far, Swine Flu has proved more fatal than a normal flu epidemic and mostly targets adolescents and young adults.

On current WHO projections, with up to 3 billion infected, you are facing 21,000,000 potential fatal cases.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Swine Flu is 0.69%*, it is near 9% in South America. So far, Swine Flu has proved more fatal than a normal flu epidemic and mostly targets adolescents and young adults.

On current WHO projections, with up to 3 billion infected, you are facing 21,000,000 potential fatal cases.

If your source for this is the WHO , I do not think they are that trustable on this matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas
If your source for this is the WHO , I do not think they are that trustable on this matter.

Get the figures yourself then and do the maths. Others have on ATS and come to similar figures.

Maybe, just maybe, the WHO is right for once

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Maybe I won the lottery and didn't even have to buy a ticket. Fat chance.

Let the WHO people take the shots. Try it out on them.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That only works if you have a big enough sample to compare mortality rates.

The deaths so far have been amongst the at risk category, of which millions succumb every year to more virulent forms of flu.

When the WHO has a sample rate of, say 1/5 of the worlds population as they have with other flu studies, then the figures make sense, but until then it's just pointless extrapolation with no mathematical or logical basis.

It's like me asking ten people who live in my town who they are going to vote for in the next election and then basing national forecasts on it.

It simply doesn't work like that as I think you well know.

Untested vaccines (with no recourse) forced vaccination in some countries, forced isolation in others, military involvement etc etc

All for a bug that ALL the medical professionals say is a relatively benign form of flu.

Then on the other hand we have the WHO who instigated this whole mess by breaking their own rules in the first instance on what constitutes a pandemic, and now by blowing the risks out of proportion.

We know that the WHO is a highly political organisation, so is it any wonder that when someone who made such a big fuss over SARS and H5N1 is appointed Director General we see more of the same propaganda which is basically furthering her career...
www.who.int...

Let's also not forget that Board members of the WHO are political appointments... www.who.int...

So again I'll ask the question - WHY is all the evidence we have so far being ignored in favour of government propaganda and political scare stories?

This happens every time there is a crisis regarding war, the economy, governments caught lying, corruption etc etc
And that's probably just the tip of the iceberg.

We saw the same thing with SARS and H5N1 and noothing happened despite the scare stories.

What makes people think this time is any different.

[edit on 29/7/2009 by budski]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

None of the numbers I've seen have been that high. I knew it was higher in South America but unless it jumped almost 6% in a few days it was at 3.6% last I saw.

What makes people think this time is any different.

It only takes one time for it to be different. I do feel that the Health agencies around the world either know something we don't or their governmental leaders have fallen victim to scare tactics.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas

Get the figures yourself then and do the maths. Others have on ATS and come to similar figures.

In reality , it is my opinion that they have been many times right before. Many reports were shown to be wrong in regards to the death rate of the disease.

But due to current evidence that shows a big conflict of interest , maybe , just maybe this time they are wrong. On purpose.

It is not far fetched at all.

Do you know how scams are done? I will give you an example.

Let's say I work in a truck , you sell me paint , I transport it and sell it for a higher price.

We have a long standing relationship of client/vendor , you trust me , because I have never let you down before.

One day I come to you and say "Hey Bob , how are you doing man? You know , I need to pay you later this time , after I sell it to the other clients, I am sorry you know , is it okay?".

Due to the trust that has been built , you are very likely to say "Oh , okay my man".

You have to go along with it , or else I cannot complete this scam.

The moment you say okay , I load my truck with an ammount of cargo so big that even you might think things through. But soon you think "Nah , it is okay , it is John , he would enver do that...right?".

You never hear from me again , and I just got myself lots and lots of money.
Scam completed!

Can you see the analogy yet?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I just watched as Fox News reported on this issue....and that Military may be given the ability to enforce QUARANTINES.

Now that is alarming.

I used to think that the FEMA camps were crazy......it looks LESS crazy now.

top topics

join