It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Indigos are there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I was reading an Indigo thread and it became extremely alarming to me. It was basically every other poster jumping on the bandwagon saying "I too am Indigo."
Basically it seems to me that if ATS is a microcosm of the world, then Indigos make up 40 percent of the population. I thought Indigos were rare and special? It just seems to me that there are so many claiming Indigoness that it's either just a fad, or downright incorrect. How can such a group be special and genuine when you have every other person 14-35 years old here claiming Indigo because they don't like conformity and they are creative.
How many of these people are genuine (if such a thing really exists), and how many are Indigo posers? What percent of the population is the norm for Indigos? Does that woman who wrote the book have a figure on how many populate the Earth at any given time? I'm really curious. I think that if there were a mandatory viewing of a news report on Indigo criteria and all the world's poulation became aware of it, that half the world would fit the criteria. The only reason why there aren't more Indigos is because people never heard of it and the ones who have are simply happy being human.
Thanks everyone

[edit on 27-7-2009 by spinalremain]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am not indigo but I like going around acting like one and being an obnoxious snob about my specialness. Indigos aren't rare and special, just deluded. In light of my response, your other questions are now irrelevant.

So, there you have it. ONE indigo poser to add to your databooks.

However, I could be a double agent and in fact may only be posing as an indigo poser. Confusion is the best policy in life, except when relating those who understand you.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Total Indigo's = ZERO !!!!

Unless of course, someone can provide corroborating, documented and peer reviewed scientific evidence that there has been a signifcant genetic mutation in the human genome that has occured fairly recently.

Otherwise, all these claims of being "advanced", "enhanced", "special", "different", "enlightened", blah, blah, boring blah, can be put down to nothing more significant than wishful thinking and egotism on the individuals part.

C'mon Indigo's ... put up or shut up !!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

I think there might be 0 minus 1, to tell you the truth.

The "indigo's" on ATS are kids, or represent that special deluded person who plays Dungeons and Dragons every night in their mothers basement.

If you notice, the "indigo" seems to be about the same posters as the ones talking about werewolves and vampires.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Omg here we go again. Why should they say anything, So you all can sit and bash them some more? Just drop this crap already. If they are real fine, if not then fine, Just shut up about it already.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I dont want to bash anyone. I want to know what percentages there are. What's wrong with that? And why should I shut up about it? If they're here saying they're special and opressed then I'd just like to know how much of the minority they are. Seems to me that they're the majority because everybody wants to be one.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by spinalremain]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

These indigo threads always turn into an indigo bash fest as soon as one claiming to be one comes in and tries to defend there beliefs. Nobody will get the answers they want, just let it go. Seriously...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Na man. I'm dead serious. And I never said they should say anything. Hell, I didn't even ask any of them to answer. A normal human may know the answer. I think you're jumping the gun a bit.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Maybe I did jump the gun, Im not having a great week, Im kind of in a bad mood. Sorry about the shut up part, I could have chose better words. If you want answers try to search ATS threads about it then. Also, if they don't have answers, I don't think any human would either...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am going to weigh in and say that the percentage is immeasurable because there is no empirical standard for differentiating indigos from non-indigos. It's all purely subjective (sort of like psychiatry). You go down a list and check off how many incredibly common traits cluster together and presto! You have your very own label (you and everyone else who isn't satisfied with just being human).

No, wait... scratch that. What does it mean to be human?
I'm not sure we have any standard for that either. No matter what label you slap on a group of people, there are always going to be outliers; those who don't fit the trend of conform to the status quo. In order to be able to count how many members of group x exist, we need some sort of screening criteria which derives from a precise definition for members of a given category.

As much as I disagree with people who feel they have to pretend to be someone they're not in order to enjoy their online experience, There really isn't much I can do to cast them out of their closets. I think the whole indigo fad is just another instance where those of us non-participants are going to have to learn to suffer fools gladly. In another few years it will be something else (the indigo craze has gone through several "mutations" already from rainbow to crystal).

We can't count what we can't define and we can't define what doesn't exist in a stable form (take that however you wish).

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by X-tal_Phusion

Thats what I think Phusion. There needs to be a much stricter criteria for being an alien other than I like music and I dont fit in.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
IMO... people claiming to be endowed with this higher-than-thou title of "Indigo" .. are absolute False Prophets.

I think anyone to actually BE these "indigo" types. .would NOT have WANTED to be one in the first place.. and would have suffered unintentionally.. before being gifted any of these miraculous abilities we hear of..
let alone.. they'd have to endure a massive physical transformation.. WITHOUT public awareness of this transformation.. so that means suffering in silence while doctors and friends/family think they're crazy while it happens.

no human body just "pop" all of a sudden painlessly shifts to a body with the biological technology within to perform miracles..

christ suffered hardcore before he resurrected as a Divine version of himself...

so would anyone who is capable of such said feats..

current "indigo" claimants = liars & false prophets

-

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I don't think Christ is applicable here. Indigos say they have abilities, (which they can't show). Hmmm? They don't claim to perform miracles. At least I have never heard that.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
By looking at the "indigo" characteristics i would say that we're all indigo's....
but wouldn't that make us all the same...
Maybe if u drop the indigo bull# you'd realize that these characteristics are those of humans...

Or maybe everyone on ATS really is indigo and this site is actually where our subconscious minds take us to communicate with each other, while we wait for our true calling to complete our mission here on earth.....

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

special deluded person who plays Dungeons and Dragons every night in their mothers basement.

Hey, hey, hey, don't be dissing on one of my favorite pasttimes back in the day...and I never once played in my mothers basement...

It was my freinds moms basement, mr smartypants...

Seriously, every definition of Indigo that I've seen sounds remarkably like most selfcentered teenagers I've known since I was a self centered teenager.

Not a lot to it, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LyricusMagna
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Or you may be just a silly twat that hates Indigo people. Your post alone says all. You pose as an Indigo poser. Hater.

Hate? Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. At times am grumpy, yes. Hate like that, I do not. Have compassion, I do, for to not have compassion leads to the dark side.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

these indigo threads always turn into an indigo bash fest as soon as one claiming to be one comes in and tries to defend there beliefs.

Did you write beliefs?Is it a religion now?The only thing Indigo's believe is that their better than everyone else.I am indigo by the way.lol

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
People who claim to be indigos are just narcissistic humans IMO. I mean really is there an indigo gene? I don't think so.

[edit on 7/28/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

That's my view as well. Im wondering how many there are because with so many on the rise, we're bound to start hearing "Im more of an Indigo than you". There's bound to be a group of super duper Indigos arriving. Once they realize that the fad is in style then they'll need something else to seperate them from everyone else. Just my thoughts, but what do I know?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join