It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Family Guy' abortion episode unlikely to air on Fox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

News Corp. paid Seth MacFarlane the ultimate compliment when it made him 20th Century Fox TV's $100 million crown jewel. But the "Family Guy" creator wasn't exactly returning the favor at Comic-Con.

At the series' panel Saturday, MacFarlane continued his show's tradition of jibing its studio and network.

MacFarlane revealed he's producing a controversial episode about abortion for the upcoming season. But he and others on the panel said that Fox was unlikely to air the episode.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0841f0c30e6e.jpg[/atsimg] Source Link: www.thrfeed.com...

Although I am not the biggest fan of The Family Guy TV show, I have enjoyed the few episodes that I've seen. I feel the creator of the show has a very creative away of making a humorious point about current events.

I think no matter which side of the isle you happen to be on regarding abortion opening a discusion contrivorsal or not would be funny as hell in this format. If they take the Pro approach it would be comical to see how they depicted them and the same for the Anti-abortion rights groups.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If this doesn't get released on fox, hopefully it gets released underground. I also love how they deal with current events. Seth is one funny dude.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll put it up on Hulu

I'm not surprised that Fox won't air it. Not like they've ever been known to censor things before...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This wouldn't be the first time.

Family guy had an episode about Jews a few years back, that wasn't offensive at all, but it still got pulled. It was eventually released on DVD.

The execs at Fox are pretty big pussies when it comes to airing stuff like this. Just watch episodes of Family Guy on Adult Swim and compare them to the same episodes that were aired on Fox. Many of the jokes, lines and even entire scenes are altered or removed entirely from the Fox broadcast. I'm honestly glad there are networks like Comedy Central and Cartoon Network that aren't so willing to cave to the PTC and will actually air cutting-edge entertainment.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I find Family Guy just slightly funnier than tooth pain. Why people watch it is beyond me. Just not my gig.

However, it is Fox. They ruined Firefly and Terminator:SCC, just to name two off the top of my head. What do you expect from fools in suits?

They should put it online for free. Get a billion hits. Even though I don't like the show lots of people do. That would show the suckers in their three pieces.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It makes sense really.

Fox is in the money buisness. Why would they intentially upset one side or the other? Both sides cover a large demograhic that they aim towards, it doesn't make any sense for them to cause a problem with either side.

As far as I am concerned South Park already did a great abortion episode. Maybe they should come up with something a little more original?

But since Fox is involved people, as already seen here, will say this is just censorship. Although I don't think that paticular Fox station censors a whole lot.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Cartoon Network will probably air it if FOX doesn't... After watching several episodes of Moral Orel, I am sure that this upcoming episode will be a breeze in the eyes of the Adult Swim fans.

top topics

join