It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu and Swine Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Which one is more deadly?

And why do a lot of people think that H1N1 Flu is the result of Scientists engineering a new strain of the flu in order to control the population?

Is Bird Flu supposed to serve the same purpose? in population control?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have read on various sites that bird flu has a death rate of 60%+ so is definately the more lethal of the two. I'll see if I can find some articles to link to, confirming this.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Human H5N1 Cases
(WHO) has reported human cases of avian influenza A (H5N1) in Asia, Africa, the Pacific, Europe and the Near East. Indonesia and Vietnam have reported the highest number of H5N1 cases to date. Overall mortality in reported H5N1 cases is approximately 60%. The majority of cases have occurred among children and adults aged less than 40 years old. Mortality was highest in cases aged 10-19 years old. Studies have documented the most significant risk factors for human H5N1 infection to be direct contact with sick or dead poultry or wild birds, or visiting a live poultry market. Most human H5N1 cases have been hospitalized late in their illness with severe respiratory disease. A small number of clinically mild H5N1 cases have been reported. The current cumulative number of confirmed human cases of avian influenza A/(H5N1) is available on the WHO Avian Influenza website. Despite the high mortality, human cases of H5N1 remain rare to date

Link

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well- if you want some conspiracy- this article ought to chill you, as it did, me. It discusses (unfortunately, briefly), the possibility of a lab-made virus, or a prodrome to the "real thing.

Enjoy-I guess?!

www.standard.net...

I've discussed former Nazi scientists coming here since I joined a few months ago-IG Farben (Auschwitz) became Novartis, sanofi, Monsanto, etc. And now look at what they're doing for our "health".....

new topics

top topics

join