It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi? not anymore!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Pepsi has a new Patriotic can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. But Pepsi forgot two words on the pledge. "Under God." Pepsi said that did not want to offend anyone. If this is true then we do not want to offend anyone at the Pepsi Corporate office. If we do not buy any Pepsi products then they will not receive any of our monies. Our money, after all, does have the words "Under God" on it.

If you agree with this policy, please pass this word to everyone you know. Pepsi doesn't have the right to rewrite the Pledge Of Allegiance! Let's see how many people are offended without the words Under God" being IN the pledge.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
well i was boycotting pepsi because of the Osbournes being their spokes people. but this takes the cake, never will a pepsi product touch these lips again.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hmmmm...... i remember when i was a kid in school every morning we would stand and say the pledge before class started, ( awww the 70's....). Man if pepsi does this, it will make me wanna boycott their products. I dont care for pepsi really.......but i think it would be hard to give up dr. pepper though. That would be lame if they found needles in their cans this year.

But....

Heres 1 good reason to drink pepsi this year....

www.cnn.com...

a billion $ would just be great

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Um... wasn't the original pledge authored without "under God", which was later added under the Eisenhower administration?

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Personally, I am not a believer in God (nor would I trust such a deity if he did exist, based on his temper tantrums in the bible). The original pledge did not have those words, they were an add in. Therefore, I recite the pledge as it was written, staying silent during the Under God phrase. The "In God We Trust" on money, and the "Under God" in the pledge, are the last remnants of a failure to separate church and state, and a direct violation of our Constitution...
I am more of the opinion that you please keep your beliefs off of my money and out of my life if I so wish it... I don't go ramming my beliefs down others throats, I appreciate the same...

*goes back to drinking his Diet Dr. Pepper...*

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
hmmmm, looks like under the new TBATS regime my last post was removed, which was a shame, because it pointed out that the pepsi god thing is an urban myth. quite an old one actually.

www.urbanlegends.com...

for future reference, Its usually quite easy to spot an email myth without having to go track it down.
but this sites quite nice for explaining why and how these things exist.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sorry guys but the pepsi pledge thing is an urban legend.
Check out this link:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sorry Lupe didn't see you had already posted it.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
no probs.
It needed saying twice anyway.
;P

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
my comments remain the same...

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Eye -- Re the "Under God":

That was NOT in our pledge in the first place.

The Knights Of Columbus (a Masonic-TYPE group, though not Masons) were the ones who started a drive to add those words to the pledge (and "In God We Trust" was another phrase not originally in legal documents or on currency until a coalition of churches lobbied for it and got it in the early 1900's www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can see why the religeous may be inclined to boycott Pepsi so I've found an alternative for all those soda addicts in the USA.

A soda that God truley would approve of you drinking.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

(and "In God We Trust" was another phrase not originally in legal documents or on currency until a coalition of churches lobbied for it and got it in the early 1900's

I have to disagree with this. It was lobbied for by church groups but it was actually Salmon Portland Chase who had it stamped on the greenback when he invented the greenback. He did all this as the Sect of the Treasury during the Civil War in Lincoln's first term cabinet.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Um... wasn't the original pledge authored without "under God", which was later added under the Eisenhower administration?

Yes, this is true...However, our founding Fathers had strong Christian beliefs influencing them when they wrote up our original Founding Documents. Even though they never *specified* a seperation of Church & State, it seems (IMO) to have been their *intentions* when drafting those Documents...After all, one of the Rights granted to citizens is the right to worship as *you* see fit, not how any particular religion or the State itself may *want* you to worship.

...I drink tea...My wife drinks coffee...This is what we use for our "caffine-substitutes"...

Originally posted by observer

...but it was actually Salmon Portland Chase who had it stamped on the greenback...

I don't know...With a name like that, *something* sure seems fishy...

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Don't drink Pepsi! They wrote the pledge like it was originally!!!! So evil!!! How dare they make the pledge constitutional!!!! They will all burn in hell!!!!!!!

Sorry, but people, pledge never had under god till church whined and paid off people.

And Knights of Columbus, are they a KKK group? I know of the White Knights of Christianity, the Kights of Whites, and a few other Knights of whatever, but don't remember a Kinghts of Columbus. Of course, in old days many pwoerful people were part of KKK. Many politicians, like sneators were KKK members, some even leaders of that sect/group/whatever that answered to the grand wizard. And they very christian. So would understand how the unconstitutional under god got in on a Nation oath, a State power oath.

Yes, I know the paid people off is opinion, but also opinion that oil companies paid off politicians to continue their ways. The oil companies get special treatment from their freinds in congress, oil companies get away with things that are on the line of legal with no questions asked.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Yes, this is true...However, our founding Fathers had strong Christian beliefs influencing them when they wrote up our original Founding Documents. Even though they never *specified* a seperation of Church & State, it seems (IMO) to have been their *intentions* when drafting those Documents...

MD,

Of the quotes I have read from your founding father's, I had come to the conclusion that they were not christian. Unless those quotes are false.
(quotes widely found on the net)

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Some sect of Christianity or another...The actual *names* of thier religious beliefs varied from person to person but the Founding Documents show strong Christian influences in the rights, duties & responsibilities that they described in the texts.

top topics

join