It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Allergic to Wi-Fi, Makes Him Sick, Dizzy, Confused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This story is absolutely amazing, given the fact that Wi-Fi spots are popping up in virtually all public locations.

For Steve Miller a trip downtown is a living hell that makes him sick, dizzy and confused.

Bars make him feel the same and he can't use trains, airports or hotels without experiencing head-banging agony.

But Miller doesn't suffer from some strange phobia. He is allergic to Wi-Fi.

And unfortunately for him — and the other two percent of the population with electromagnetic hypersensitivity — the number of people pumping out the wireless internet signal is on the rise.

"I feel like an exile on my own planet," Miller said. "It's almost impossible to find somewhere without Wi-Fi nowadays. If I fancy a pint I have to travel three miles to the only pub in my area that doesn't have it."

Being extra-sensitive to this "electrosmog" has made moving around a nightmare for Miller, as stray signals from neighboring buildings could make him ill.

Miller now carries a Wi-Fi detector with him wherever he goes so he can avoid problem areas.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow I have never heard of this before. That has got to be the worst thing for this person. I couldnt imagine feeling like this no matter where you go. Everywhere I go has wi-fi anymore. I wonder if there is anything they can do for him to make him more comfortable.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is actually complete BS.

Wi-Fi equates to Radio.

He would be dizzy , sick, and confused EVERYWHERE he went, because Radio waves permeate the entire planet.

Debunked.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Let's do some reading about what exactly Wi-Fi is.

"Wi-Fi uses both single carrier direct-sequence spread spectrum radio technology (part of the larger family of spread spectrum systems) and multi-carrier OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) radio technology."

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks to me like he is having issues related to Something else. Possibly noise pollution or emissions pollution, since he claims his pains occur when in highly populated areas.

Either that or hes faking it, and this is his sad attempt to sue everyone.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Electromagnetic hypersensitivity

en.wikipedia.org...

["Recently a smaller group of people in Europe as a whole and in the USA have reported general and severe symptoms such as headache, fatigue, tinnitus, dizziness, memory deficits, irregular heart beat, and whole-body skin symptoms"]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sun Newspaper

Steve - better known to clubbing fans as Afterlife - now carries a wi-fi detector with him wherever he goes so he can avoid problem areas.

Yeah it must be bad he has to carry a detector about with him so he knows when to feel sick.

In my opinion it's all in his mind not to say all signals are harmless and couldn't effect people but wi-fi doesn't even compare to things like cellular networks which cover the entire country.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Poor chap I wouldn't like to experience such a thing. I cant help but say though that the Wi-Fi detector might not be helping and might prompt psychological symptoms. So far all tests done on those who report having electromagnetic hypersensitivity have not been able to tell the difference between a true Wi-Fi signal and a placebo one (just being told there is one). Even if the connection between electromagnetic fields and the symptoms prove non-existent its still a serious problem and needs looking at as people are suffering from something at least but what?

new topics

top topics

join