It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Transition" Tech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Many people, rightly so, believe that Oil based energy is an old and dirty technology that needs to be replaced. Many believe that Oil is running out and the world will come to a halt in the very near future.

This may be true, but most of the solutions that I've seen are either currently unusable because they aren't efficient enough, like solar, or the technology isn't quite there yet, like hydrogen fuel cells.

So, I would like to hear some of the ideas that are out there for a transition technology. Something that would easily get us from a full reliance on Oil to something else.

To start it off, I would like to suggest that we should begin converting existing cars to natural gas. It is a cleaner fuel and most cars can be easily converted to use it. It doesn't get quite the mileage of gas but it does give a greater range than most suggested electric cars right now.

[edit] title

[edit on 26-7-2009 by soontide]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
im sure we will see Antarctica and the North Pole raped for all its worth first. Many countries have put in official claims to the lands. Going to be a huge catfight if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by soontide

The answer would seam to be wave and tide energy. Neither will run out before the sun itself.

The power for that can be converted into electricity and also hydrogen to run the cars.

That will do the job nicely.

All you have to do now is make your government get on with it, you think???

join