It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should meditate that : US vetos at the UN Security Council

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by orkson

It was not my perspective to focus on Israel related resolutions. There are lots of US vetoes in regards to issues in South Africa or Central/South America.
I could argue that Israel's situation has been the world's major concern for years with the largest list of resolutions hence the largest number of American vetoes but it's not what I find interesting in your OP.

Yes, we may disagree in some minor points. The preventive war was unjust, illegal and motivated by forged facts and lies. The Zionist lobby was one of the side partners not the main one from my understanding but there is still a lot to discover and I want to be cautious. For now and without going into details, I believe the war was waged to push for American hegemony against Russia/China mainly. Of course, it was not the American citizens interest and many Americans have realised that by now.

The USA gained the adhesion of their domestic opinion for the Iraq war through big time propaganda but failed badly at the world's stage. The war started anyway despite a strong world public opinion disaproval and caused an immense damage to the USA credit, once viewed as a supporter of Justice and Liberty, I'll add Freedom and that they were world leaders.
G.W. Bush legacy is not his policies but the damage he has done to the USA image in the world. The PTB don't want to listen to or go in the interest of the public opinions but they want to shape them to their interests. We do agree on that, right ? A lesson from the past is that even a king with almost absolute power can have his head cut off by not listening to the complaints of the people. The threat is so bad, it takes a Obama to try and restore it. This alone shows how seriously the threat is acknowledged.
By arousing confidence and trust in their noble and unselfish goals coupled with supreme military power, the USA have been able for more than half a century to push their agenda encountering lowered resistance like France and Great Britain have done in the past. This time is over.

The disastrous loss of the world's public opinion battle is the reason for the unleashed furor and political retaliation against France. It was a serious defeat and deserved a serious response. It shows how important it is in their eyes to have the approval of the world despite what they say and the fact that we are conditionned to believe our opinion makes no difference. It makes a difference, it's the first step leading to action and resistance.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You've found all of these resolutions and their titles sound so fine and make them look like they are meant for the welfare of those mentioned but that is NEVER the case with any UN resolution. The fine print in almost anything that has to do with the UN is their power grab over the sovereignty of this and other nations. Nothing is more insidious than a UN resolution. Spend some time and actually read a few of them and see for yourself. If you can name just one circumstance that the UN is involved in that doesn't reek of corruption and inept management I will be greatly surprised. If you have a problem with the way the US has acted in the past then I suggest that the UN is by no means the way to fix the problem.

If you remember, the main nations that have a vote in the UN had asked that an audit of financials be done within the UN 12 years ago. It has yet to be released and the point is even they have no idea where the money has gone. If you also remember that last 'great leader' of the UN managed to swindle millions for himself and his family over the food for oil plan they implemented.

The scandals involved with this organization are many and far reaching. The easiest and best way to reign in these crooks is to veto 90% of what they try to do. It is the only defense any nation has to maintain sovereignty and some semblance of control!

Zindo!

[edit on 8/2/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Seems a lot of people on here simply have no conscience.

They will simply support their government to the end, no matter that the actions of their government break every moral, legal or ethical rule there is.

It is impossible to reason with such persons as reason has no value to them - only blind obedience.

One concept I find has value here is that of the Right-Wing Authoritarian. As you'll see from the source, unthinking obedience to authority, hatred of groups marked as "outsiders" by the authority (here, Muslims, Palestinians), and an aptness to leap to erronious conclusions from insufficient evidence are trademarks.

source

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Maybe you've spoken too quickly.
Maybe you're sick or depressed.
Nevertheless, with respect, I think that you will regret your words.
If you sincerely and honestly search the truth, you will find it.
I wish you find it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

No, you evidently haven't been around long enough and watched this criminal organization without jaded eyes. I know I'm right and I KNOW your wrong! I've watched the UN screw up more countries than I care to think about for 60 years and I can tell you from upfront experience that these elitists in the UN care NOTHING for any human being. They pay lip service for face time on the MSM and that's it. All they care about is that their next shipment of Champagne and Caviar that the US pays for isn't late for their next party.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow. Judging by that list, there are some real bastards controlling the US veto.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Hi Zindo,

The UN, as any organisation, has an elite.
As any elite, money, "Caviar & Champagne" flow in.

It's the case for all governments.

Comprise the US'.

At a lower' scale, in ANY association, be it charity, the POWER, be it very small, is accompanied with grants and sweeties.

That's a human trait.

Now, THIS must NOT hide the facts and the truth which are BEHIND this mask, as the one which is over your face in your avatar.

BEHIND your mask, there is a man : you.

BEHIND the "Caviar & Champagne", there is indeed, BLOOD and ANGER.

Don't let a tree hide the forest.

Stick to the facts.
Even a criminal may once in his life, tell the truth.
Even a saint may once in his life, hide it.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by orkson

Even with your flowery prose you cannot deny the fact that there are NO non-elite at the UN. All of them have been educated either by the ivy leagues of Europe and the US, or the fine indoctrination of the old Soviet Union! The common man is nonexistent in this hive of thievery. I fear that those who still put their faith in an organization that elects countries like Iran, Syria,and Libia to top posts in their 'Human Rights' counsels to be the arbiters of justice for the world and control other sovereign nations!
Zindo

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I think that in this domain, USA is hardly an example to follow, and that was my point !

If you want to be an example, you've got to be without reproach.

Want a list of counter examples ?

Re-read the lists ...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Besides this, you should aknowledge that the World is not made solely by the USA and its friends (that is, those you will NEVER say "NO" to the USA)

You have to admit the complexity of the world.

Indeed, it would be so much simpler if the world was made only of countries agreeing with everything you do.

But it's not the case.
You can't be on denial about that fact.
And sometimes, as in any democracy, admit that a majority may think differently than you.

Are you, or are you not a Democrat ?

If yes, you can't disagree with my point.
If no, you can't condemn other countries in the name of Democracy.

That's your dilemna.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

In many aspects, it is a criminal organisation but we may disagree on who is behind the curtain.

The former Human Rights Commission was replaced by the Human Rights Council precisely because countries with bad human rights records were trying to undermine its work. For a few years now, a fewer number of members are elected with a different election mode and neither Iran, Syria or Libya have made it to the new Council. Your exemple is bad.
Neither the former Commission or the Council are arbitrers or controllers, they release resolutions and recommandations, that's how far they can go.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

I am not a Democrat nor is this country a Democracy. We are a Republic and always have been. It's the clowns in Dc and those that seek to undermine that fact that push the Democracy lie. Since we tend to be the ones that nearly everyone comes to to pay for their mistakes in this world, I would have to say we do have some right to dictate what it is we indulge in when our sovereignty is at stake! We pay and pay for others to try to gain their own Republics but some how the crooks always screw it up. I am bitter and have the right to be when I see so many that live here think we should kow tow to petty dictators that don't take care of their own and see them try to make us feel guilty because they can't ses it before their own eyes.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

I don't really care how much they change their tactics, the fact remains this organization can't run anything or take care of any situation without it ending up a cluster! If you can name one operation they have been involved in that works without graft and corruption or rapes and theft of the very aid that is sent with them I will change my mind, but until that time I stand by my conviction about these self serving criminals.

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join