It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable TV Workers Trained To Spy and Tattle On Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This story reminds me of the post 9/11 days when the Teamsters planned to keep their eyes open on American interstates for all potential terrorist activity.

Just seems so Big Brother-ish to me though...

Bright House Networks is launching a new neighborhood watch initiative Thursday.

Operation Bright Eyes is designed to maximize the eyes and ears of Bright House Networks field service representatives and other employees to easily identify suspicious behavior and to quickly report criminal activities to police.

Bright House says each of its 3,000 employees, including hundreds who regularly drive through and become familiar with residents and activities in neighborhoods, will receive crime-watch training designed by Central Florida Crimeline. Employees will also be equipped with a comprehensive list of emergency numbers to call. Current and new employees will receive the training. “Were committing our people, including hundreds of folks intimately familiar with the routes they drive, to helping law enforcement keep our neighborhoods safe.
www.myfoxorlando.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
And not just cable guys. Meter readers, UPS, Federal express etc., telephone repairmen are all trained to recognize meth labs, grow rooms etc. and are encouraged to report their suspicions to the cops.

Even in some senior centers the oldsters have workshops where the LEO's come in and train them on how to spot suspicious things.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I find this hilarious because a friend of mine gave the cable guys some pot and they gave him HBO and showtime for free.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by patientobserver

I'm glad you said that because I can reply...I used to live in Bright House territory and always tipped my cable guy with a fatty joint. I guess now those days are gone. Sorry cable dude!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Reminds me a bit of Infragard.

I wonder just how many other organizations like this exist BELOW the radar.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Stop talking about illicit drugs or the eyes will be shutting down this thread.

I have always been suspect of the outsiders who come ot my property.

Trust No Man. But give every individual the chance to be at your home without prejudice.

In other words while some may be working for the man, some people are just out there trying to make a living.

But, if they walk into set up cable or install phone lines or even bring you a package from your old Aunt Bessie, and you have green fog wafting from the back room, then expect to be called on.

top topics

join