It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the history channel trustworthy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Okay, I know that the history channel gives a very simplified version of the truth.

I've found that I can learn a lot about history by going online and doing my own independent research and looking up at the facts at educational websites.

I just was asking the question because I know the history channel doesn't show everything- but- I'm wondering if usually they mostly tell the truth even if it's not the full truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would consider the history channel trustworthy though I wouldnt get my information off there, just to be safe since its mainstream media. The reason I consider them trustworthy is because...

- They had a documentary on the skull and bones secret society with david Icke and former members of the society. This was on 4 in the morning though and they did even mention how presidents arent elected but selected.

- They actually have shows about UFO's and ET's coming to earth. At that they give the ET's(greys) a bad name with cow mutilations, horrible abductions and so on.

- They have programs such as the universe, modern marvels, and "end times" programs. All these programs make you think unlike other stuff on T.V. Educational.

What other channels have these type of characteristics? The closest I can think of is the discovery channel which doesnt even have any good or related shows History channel has. Other then "how its made" and savior man/man vs wild.

The answer is off the top of my head. You have to use common sense when watching history channel because it is mainstream media and it could just be half truths with lies.

Is the History channel trustworthy? I would say yes because they are very educational but then again its seems 50/50. I've been watching the history channel for 3 years.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XKrossX

Hi/

I was just about to say the same thing!
Who owns it, controls it!

Launched on January 1, 1995, the channel is owned by A&E joint venture (Hearst, Disney, NBC).....
The History Channel received the nickname "The Hitler Channel"[3] for its extensive coverage of World War II, though much military-themed programming has now been shifted to its sister network, the Military History Channel, and the network's programming now covers a diverse range of topics on history and hypothetical future events.
The U.S.-based network has also been criticized for devoting most of its coverage to US and Western history.
[4] Their sister network, History International, also seems to have a focus on American history.
The network has also received criticism for emphasizing the history of relatively recent times, as opposed to ancient or medieval eras.[citation needed]
en.wikipedia.org...(TV_channel)

StationThe History Channel- Government 9/11 Propaganda

History channel is Propaganda?Watch videos

Would I trust it?
Yes and No ,only because anything on television today is corrupted!

One is better off searching on their own, that again is if it can be found!

ICXC NIKA
helen

Edit....My answer to would I trust it?
Yes and No!

[edit on 7/30/2009 by helen670]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Don't forget that this is a television show. They are not required to be absolutely factual; they just have to entertain.
If you want entertainment then go with the history channel. They are a great entertainment network but they are not an education source.

As far as mythbusters, simply entertainment. They are 'busting' myths and rumors. Accuracy isn't even in the equation.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have actually been seeing an anti-Christian bias recently. A number of their recent programs dealing with religious issues are loaded with anti-Christian perspectives. Their attacks on Catholicism are fairly blatant.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join