It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do u stand what do u want?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have been deeply soul searching about what kind of US President I want ( and see run for Office). Just when I thought I was Left-leaning, I discover I am very "right wing" on an issue. As it stands fer now, here is my Ideal.

He (or she) puts America FIRST. Is not pro Globalist, and is pro-Borders-Language-Culture. Will NOT be 'the policemen of the world' EXCEPT ONLY for a situation like existed under the Third Reich's death camps. So My President WILL NOT go off on regime-change imperialistic adventures and lie to the American people about it, like the Republicans did with Saddam and Iraq.

As for --torture-- . ONLY people like that one I made a thread about ( 'A Monster Does Monsterous Thing') should be waterboarded until she expires. Otherwise, .......NO.

My President is 'socially conservative'.

My President IS AGAINST DEREGULATION. He will never trust corporations and other large bureaucracys as far as he can throw them. He is very much for capitalism, but NOT RUNAWAY capitalism.

My President says "IT IS UNNACCEPTIBLE TO ME THAT PEOPLE ( WHO WERE TRYING HARD AND NOT MESSING WITH ADDICTIONS) WIND UP HOMELESS ON THE STREETS OF AMERICA, AND IT IS UNNACCEPTIBLE TO ME THAT THERE ARE NO SAFETY NETS OR NOT ENOUGH SAFETY NETS FOR ALL THOSE THAT DESERVE THEM)."

My President says "I will work to make every state in the Union, establish laws that PROTECT THE WELFARE OF ALL ANIMALS with MAXIMALLY stringent strict laws, rules, and regulations."

My President says, "The environment is EXTREMELY important, for we all need clean air and water. Thats a no brainer. Any company caught illegally polluting will RUE THE DAY THEY CAME INTO EXISTENCE AS AN IDEA.

My President says, "I will not bail out the Too-Big-To-Fail's". "Let them eat cake".

Well folks, I don't know yet, what my Ideal candidate rules about healthcare, guns, and other stuff I have not brought up yet. These are mighty weighty COMPLEX issues, too much so for me. I AM EXTREMELY INTERESTED IN HEARING EVERYONE ELSES IDEA OF THE CANDIDATE-FOR-PRESIDENT THAT YOU WISH WOULD COME ALONG, THAT YOU, --IN GOOD CONSCIOUS-- COULD/WOULD VOTE FOR.
If you want. THANKS.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hmm...My President would

Domestic Policy

-Crush the iron triangle that allows business and the military-industrial complex to control Congress.
-Prohibit any lobbyists from stepping foot on the hill.
-Remove religion and religious ceremonies from secular law.
-Require all bills to be read before passage.
-Deny amendments to bills that have nothing to do with the bill itself.
-Asks for scientific opinion on scientific policy instead of asking business what's best for us.
-Initiate a comprehensive review of every major aspect of government and trim the beuracratic fat from these aspects.
-Ensure life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all citizens, regardless of race, creed, religion, and orientation.
-Legalize and regulate "certain substances" instead of overcrowding prisons with petty criminals.
-Regulate markets to protect consumers and not business interests.
-Invest in infrastructure to bring the US into the 21st century.
-Create government sponsored "X prizes" to spur business to innovate ways to make the US energy independent.

Foreign Policy

-Continue aid to Israel and Palestine, but with the caveat that every year they do not come to a mutually beneficial agreement, 15% of said Aid will be removed from the next year's budget.
-Foster strong ties with India to create a counter balance to China.
-Seek dialog with Iran, but require nuclear power to be 100% open to outside regulation.
-Ensure a high moral image for America by disallowing any kind of torture.
-Partner with other countries' space agencies and private enterprise to take our level of space exploration to the next level at a cost we can afford.
-Completely pull out of Iraq within the first year of election.

That's all I can think of right now!

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Avenginggecko]

join