It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kingdom of God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have a question that sort of relates to this topic. I first read it in a joke, but it got me thinking.

The Bible says that "The meek shall inherit the earth".

But then Jesus also said that "my kingdom is not of this world".

But then also says "The kingdom of heaven is within you".

So...is it a good thing that the meek shall inherit the earth? What exactly does it mean? I really mean no offence, I'm not trying to "find contradictions" or anything, I'm just curious.

And another question, relating somewhat to what the OP mentioned in his previous post, why has the christian community lost its (awesome) gift of healing and curing? Is it because of a loss of faith? Lack of belief? Are they not pious enough? I note that very few Christians fast (those that do seem to follow the "Lent" system...is that really the biblical method of fasting?), which means they cannot cast out demons. Perhaps this is one problem?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by lifecitizen

God's kingdom is within and we have the power to make this world whatever we want it to be, but if all people can see is fear, doom & gloom, then that's exactly what you'll end up with. If every human believed in a world of peace & harmony, then the dream of Utopia won't be far behind.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by kindred]

God's kingdom may be inside but here on Earth we see outward signs of his kingdom as we live on a physical plane- and what we see is physical manifestations of his kingdom in the form of death and destruction

I wouldn't want to be a part of gods kingdom, even if she begged me.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thats not true...the death and destruction isn't a manifestation of God's Kingdom. The death and destruction that is wrought by God is hidden from us as we would be permanently scarred if we actually witnessed it.

I was once allowed to meet a young woman named Christine who apparently could see "God Revolution" in full effect. She'd wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

What you are seeing in this world is men trying to convince you that they are of God or sent by God and perform a few weak tricks that have little effect. The God Revolution is not like the violence you've witnessed it is instead like a Cartoonish style Super Violence. I see this often when I become lucid while dreaming. Fortunately, I am often doing most of the killing so it doesn't bother me so much. For the record I do have a problem with cutting through human flesh, but what has to be done has to be done.

For example, what the world witnessed as the collapse of the global financial system last September was actually a Nuclear Holocaust within another dimension. I characterized this to my wife as the real 9/11; while the one you all know about was the Satanic, Faked 9/11. If Gog/Magog break through into this world you'll understand that you haven't seen anything yet.

As far as people that don't want God's Kingdom, HE is totally into freedom, so you'll get the world you want and I'll get the world I want. That way everyone's happy.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Fortunately, I am often doing most of the killing so it doesn't bother me so much. For the record I do have a problem with cutting through human flesh, but what has to be done has to be done.

Well, there you have it folks- just another day in the life of a christian huh- kill kill and more kill

what a pity it's only in your dreams

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I'm not a Christian, I just have ridiculously violent dreams from time to time. But I assure you this ain't no popularity contest.

Like I was saying you'll get exactly what you desire, at least you can be optimistic about that.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Death and destruction are a result of lack of grace.

So what the kingdom inside means is.

Love. Plain and simple. Some people will walk up to you in the iner city and woop your ass for fun, that right there is lack of grace.

Now walk into a saintly city if there ever was one, and you can walk anywhere without fear of being killed for ten dollars.

that's the kingsom inside people.

love. That is the manifestation of the kingdom. We wake up everyday and live love everyday. Every single one of you who has love is living a part of that manifestation.

if not.

Than go rob someone tommorrow and kill 5 people for fun.

aint happening.

So we say that we don't see the kingdom or manifestation of it, but it's in each of us provided we love.

Not everybody is about destruction and death, some people actually love, the majority do, granted it might be a pride baised love with some, but they live life not harming others.

and so that love goes million times further in heaven .

Look at beauty. Beauty is a reality, womans face, mans face, cats, anything that is beautiful, nature.

this is another manifestation of heaven. Where as ugliness on the outside isn't to pleasant to look at, but bareable, but ugliness on the inside is unbearable.

But the point is that beauty is breathtaking, and we cannot imagine how much the author of beauty both on the outside and inside is.

Our minds cannot imagine that.
peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian "

OH!!!!!! LC got owned!

Ahh I'm teasin.

what are you btw?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
hey

i dont read the full thread but to answer your question:

Jesus said (somewhere in the bible):

"And Heaven is in us, and all arround us."

what means:

The kingdom of god is right next to you.. you only have too see it with the open eyes

oh, and in yourself

Nia

edit: and it has nothing to do if you are christian or something.. only that you believe is the key

[edit on 24-7-2009 by NW111]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

I'm not a Christian, I just have ridiculously violent dreams from time to time. But I assure you this ain't no popularity contest.

Like I was saying you'll get exactly what you desire, at least you can be optimistic about that.

My mistake.

I guess that not everyone who believes in God is neccassarily a christian.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I am just some guy who studies defense concepts and is under the distinct and unalterable impression that I've encountered both God and Satan in the last few years.

A guy who knows who, what, when, why and where and lives a peaceful life, except of course when I become lucid while dreaming and find myself in the middle of major Battle; which I participate in with great enthusiasm. I have enough wisdom to recognize that what this world is experiencing is a result of its own doing; not God or a belief in God or his Kingdom.

A person who doesn't say sorry because I know in detail the contents of the hearts of men and women.

I also find it to be a waste of time to create words to talk about things that already have words. Which is the reason people incorrectly assume that I am a Christian.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
result of its own doing; not God or a belief in God or his Kingdom.

A person who doesn't say sorry because I know in detail the contents of the hearts of men and women.

the first part is correct. It is a result of everybodies own doing and hypocrites.

the second part is false. You don't say sorry because you are running on personal judgement. You don't know what's in peoples hearts, God does.

see this is what created cerial murders and sycopathic cults. You know nothing.

and even if you did, you need to pray for their conversion and stop believeing you are all safe inside and have no defects.

you have defects just like everybody else and hidden evils in your soul, and so did I when I was younger and still do, but prayer causes grace.

if someone is evil, they can change through prayer.

which reminds me of a story I will share later.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

hey

sorry to say that but:
if sombody is evil.. they like to be evil.. they LIKE IT!!!

its their choise..

therefore we have the big problems at earth. cause there exist people who are evil. they like it and they dont wanna be good

guess me.. i learned that at the hard way..

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Peter, like Muhammed denies Christ; how then could I in good conscience convert or be converted to a faith that promises slavery and separation from God?

I know something, but I never claimed to be perfect. I just don't apologize to anyone in this place.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

The Bible says that "The meek shall inherit the earth".

But then Jesus also said that "my kingdom is not of this world".

But then also says "The kingdom of heaven is within you".

So...is it a good thing that the meek shall inherit the earth? What exactly does it mean? I really mean no offence, I'm not trying to "find contradictions" or anything, I'm just curious.

And another question, relating somewhat to what the OP mentioned in his previous post, why has the christian community lost its (awesome) gift of healing and curing? Is it because of a loss of faith? Lack of belief? Are they not pious enough? I note that very few Christians fast (those that do seem to follow the "Lent" system...is that really the biblical method of fasting?), which means they cannot cast out demons. Perhaps this is one problem?

Thanks in advance!

The meek have been blessed by Jesus, so it is a good thing to inherit the earth.

The kingdom that Jesus taught is of a spiritual nature. Though it is meant for everyone to experience, most don't until after they pass over - that is why so few find the truth about this kingdom while they are in their physical bodies. He clearly teaches that his kingdom is not of this world, that he is from above, whereas we are from below. All of us are born from a physical birth (below) but we must be born again by spirit, which is above and of the mind. Anyone who participates in a birthing process produces a child, this includes spiritual birth. This is why Jesus often referred to himself as the "Son of Man." He comes alive inside the individual, that is what makes him the Messiah, the One.

The prophecy from the Old Testament is that he would open his mouth in parables, uttering hidden things of old. So there are secret things contained within the parables that Jesus taught but the person needs to earnestly seek out the things that have so far been revealed. The promise of the real Jesus is that he wouldn't leave us as orphans, that he would manifest himself to us and once this is accomplished in the believer, there will be no confusion because we'll understand what he meant by the Father being in Him, Him in the Father and him in me, etc.

Anything created by God, in any form is a wonder and though we know one day, God will actually create new heavens and a new earth for the people who make up his spiritual body to inherit - twice in the OT he actually informs us, that he's doing a "new thing." One of those new things is found in the Book of Isaiah, a book that we learn quite a bit about the Messiah that was to come. The text reads:

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. " Is 43:18-19

The kingdom is all about perception and living water is what springs up, and rises inside our physical bodies. It is not a concept, it is reality. Our bodies are made up of so much water - and if it was possible for God's Spirit to hover over the waters at the beginning of creation, then he's capable to hover over the water in our bodies and make it come to life.

Living water:

"...... Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken the Lord, the spring of living water." Jer 17:13

"If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." John 4:10

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John 7:38

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David." Is 55:1-3

"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink." John 7:37

God knows our every need. He knows we need food, clothing and shelter. We are to seek this kingdom first, then all the other stuff will follow. He will not only provide you with these things in a physical sense but also take care of your spirits needs. Just as your phsyical body needs nourishment to live, so does your spiritual body; living bread, living water.

The gift of healing is still around. Many people are healed through prayers of others and you can actually pray for yoursef and be healed. If it is the will of God it will be accomplished but sometimes the answer is no. If few people actually find the kingdom of God, then the harsh reality is that few people actually have any gifts at all. But remember - the gift of healing is twofold - one of a physical healing and one that is of spiritual healing.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
"The ( Kindom of Heaven )Is inside you, Not in the buildings of Wood and stone around you.

Split a piece of wood and I am there.

Lift up a stone and there you will find me."

" If anyone has understanding of the truth ot the mystery of these writings, He shall never see death."
............................................................................................................

"If anyone wishes to follow me,
He must turn from his self,
give all his belongings,
and Pick Up his CROSS."

............................................................................................................

P.s. My friend, Let me share with you the Location of the KEY to YOUR mansion. "In my fathers House there are many mansions"

The location of Your Key = SACRIFICE

There is no other way to the Kingdom of Heaven!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Will the kingdom come soon? thank you for the reply, been busy lately, and forget mine password

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheBellyofTheBeast

P.s. My friend, Let me share with you the Location of the KEY to YOUR mansion. "In my fathers House there are many mansions"

The location of Your Key = SACRIFICE

There is no other way to the Kingdom of Heaven!!!!!!!
Dear InTheBellyofTheBeast, your profile indicates that you have not posted in close to two years but I will respond to your post here anyway.
There is a poster on this sub-forum calling himself HolyandClean who says that one must be something like what his name implies, to get into Heaven. I have argued quite a few points with him, but not that one.
The New Testament tells us that we must present ourselves as a living sacrifice.
That may be along the same lines as what you are implying but you are most likely not aware of this current reply to your long ago post, to be available to answer that, to the affirmative or otherwise.
The way I think of that N.T. passage I cited is that a proper sacrifice to God would only be acceptable if it was without blemish. We should work towards that Goal as being like the one man who we know God accepted and indicated by raising him from the dead and bringing him up to sit beside His throne and to rule the world through the Holy Spirit. We have a King right now with all power and authority who also is an example to be imitated, as to having a good character of compassion to others because he lived and died not for his own glory but to glorify God and to benefit us who were not able to be such good people and have had past failings. Because of God and Jesus, His Son, and the Holy Spirit we have an opportunity to make our lives of such a quality as to enter God's Temple ourselves to give Them praise for our Great Salvation.
But we live in the kingdom today which Jesus spoke of that was then in force, beginning with his preaching the Gospel, which inaugurated it. The Gospel is the Good News that the Kingdom has come and we know our King.

edit on 9-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join