It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland 'may be over worst of swine flu'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The outbreak of swine flu in Scotland appears to have peaked after the latest estimate of case numbers suggested that only about 34 new cases a day are emerging.

According to figures released by health officials today, 240 new swine flu cases have emerged in Scotland over the last seven days – considerably lower than the peak rates in June.

In contrast with the Department of Health in England, Scottish officials are only releasing precise figures on the number of GP referrals for "flu-like" symptoms. They said laboratory tests on samples showed that only 10% of the 2,400 people seeing doctors with flu-like illnesses actually had swine flu.

Source

Seems Scotland maybe coming through the other side, hope the trend of the cases easing will continue, but we shall see come winter time imo.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have just recovered from it,but i am just waiting to see how it affects my family.
If it affects them in a similar way to me,then i will not be to concerned,as i found it to be bearable!
Also i would like to add that i did not take any medications at all during my bout,but i am aware that some people might not be so fortunate!

join