It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: The American Power Elite - Vintage Conspiracy Video from 1988

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Former four-term Congressman Ron Paul describes the American power structure. As a member of the House Banking and Currency Committee, Paul was in a unique position to see the inner workings of economic power and control of the country, and how this power translates into political power. Paul describes how, through the control of the Federal Reserve and the banking system, the American power elite is basically out of reach of the democratic system. Concurrently, by using such organizations as the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations, control over the political process is maintained, resulting in what is in reality a hidden dictatorship in the U.S.

Part: One

Part: Two

Part: Three

Many people don't realize that Ron Paul has been exceptionally outspoken and critical of the American political system, while also being a part of it. This 1988 interview while a Libertarian candidate for President provides a great deal of insight into some of his well-established positions.

This video is a must-see!
edit on 8-6-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Yeah man! Good to see Ron Paul looking so young, yet still old at the same time.
Lots of things he talked about has long come to pass, especially the part about the big bankers wiping out the little bankers. Now all you see are Bank of Americas, Wells Fargo, Citi, and a handful of others.
Anyway, this guy knows what he's talking about. He's stuck to his guns his entire career, he should be proud.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Nice. Same story, different year.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How he has been telling the same truth for decades and getting very little result without going totally insane from frustration and burnout is a testament to the character of Dr. Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thing is... he says the same things, AND NO ONE LISTENS. Nada. Not a soul. Nobody. Zip.

If people DID listen, something would have been done by now.....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I disagree in part. During this last preliminary election I think he did wake up a lot of people. Seeing this video reinforces my belief in him as a man of honesty and integrity.

And like he said, congress has no real power, and if our elected officials don't, the people have even less.

I think there is nothing we can do short of a revolution and tptb have everything in place to prevent it. We have been led like sheep to the slaughter.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is pure gold and no pun intended!

It's quite amazing that Ron was talking so openly during the 80's, its also quite amazing to see the impact of the Internet which has given him so much publicity over these past few years. Thanks to ATS for un-earthing this classic video, quality content deserves a quality outlet!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I agree. Watching this only reaffirmed what I already thought I knew about him. I think he really made a big impact this last election. I didn't know anything about topics that I know about now. It's all thanks to him that I started looking into economics and history. I'm getting the feeling that this isn't the only thing that he wanted. He doesn't just simply want a reawakening. He wants a change in the elite power structure, and, how the parties are ran, and a change in the constitution. He wants real change. This video for me reaffirmed what I knew about him- that he is actually honest, and, that he sticks to his principles. It's like if you looked at this video- and- you watched him talk now- you'll see no change. He stays the same all the time. He is truly incredible really.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I love this guy.Imagine the country we could live in if he really was president.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but this video is absolutely golden...

Not to mention this thread deserves more discussion.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm still watching but had to comment on 1:20 Oliver North helped in the signing of executive power to suspend the Constitution?
I would love to see them try. bbl

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Yes, insights like this should be shared. In fact, his ideas really make sense and helpful.

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but this video is absolutely golden...

Not to mention this thread deserves more discussion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93
How he has been telling the same truth for decades and getting very little result without going totally insane from frustration and burnout is a testament to the character of Dr. Ron Paul.

This comment made me smile

Ron Paul is truly a model of integrity.
Clearly an endangered species these days for an official.
I see some positive-ness with everything that happened to him.
After all, if he can't manage the white house, people will always love him no matter what.
Maybe he will inspire a new breed to stand for a better future.
Maybe its a beginning.

top topics

join