It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough about President Barack Obama's birth certificate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It does seem interesting that this story keeps coming up after being disproved many times. I decided to examine my birth certificate to see what is on it. I have the original in my possession, and it is very basic.

It has my full name, city and state of birth and my date of birth. It does not have the time, and it is not signed by a doctor. The signature is of the city registrar. The date on the certificate is a few days after my birth when it was filed. There is a city seal that has been stamped by the registrar. That is all that is on my birth certificate. The local file number is only four digits, although it is alphanumeric.

Many of the people are arguing that the certificate is not real because a doctor did not sign it. Mine does not have a doctors signature and yet I used it to get a social security number and when I entered the military.

I was born in the year 1963, and Barack Obama was born in the year 1961. The certificates that were used did not have very much information on them (not like they may have now). The questions that are brought up are complete and utter nonsense, and I think people should examine their own birth certificates. Some may have required a doctor to sign, but others did not like mine.

What more do the Birthers need?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's a pathological hatred of the POTUS. At this point the people that buy into this conspiracy are so entrenched with hate for this man that nothing will satisfy them. Nothing this man can show will prove to them that he is and should be POTUS.

So issue after issue, time and again people disprove this theory. But to the pathological mind it's ignored for flights of fancy into the realm of the unbelievable.

To these people, hard core evidence consists of misquotes, mistakes, things they just don't know or have any need to know.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think what Wukky said is true for...well every POTUS ever and all that will show up...some can't live without a good conspiracy I think

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thank you both for your replies. I had just watched a 24/7 news network complain about this story and then have an interview with a "Birther". It is their fault mainly for the ratings these types of stories get.

Anyway, I had my original birth certificate in a folder put away and decided to give it a good look. It was quite funny that all the questions about Pres Obama's birth certificate can be used against mine. I have used it for my VA benefits and when I entered the military. I also have used it when I needed to get a security clearance. Not once was it called into question, even though a doctor never signed it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Doctors don't sign state issued birth certificates. The ones at the hospital they used to give you with your baby feet on them were signed. But you just get a photocopy of that. They send the original off to the state for filing. Then the state issues their version of a birth certificate to you for use when you go and do things, like a passport, or a drivers license.

Each state is different.

But this issue came up during the campaign. It has festered and rotted from then on into the conspiracy we all know and hate today.

top topics

join