It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger defends knife-wielding Twitter video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger defends knife-wielding Twitter video

www.news.com.au

CALIFORNIA Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger defended a video on his Twitter page which shows him brandishing a huge hunting knife as he talks about the state's budget crisis.

Schwarzenegger, under fire for a budget plan announced this week that will see $US15 billion ($18.4 billion) in spending cuts from services such as education and health care, said the light-hearted video was intended as a bit of fun.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Why does education and health have to suffer funding cuts?

Education in the broader sense, not just schools, but also trade colleges and universities, should never be under-funded. Sure, school is a way to brainwash the next generation and I'm not trying to state that government education policies are always right. However, by short-changing the next generation with education cuts, what chance is there for an improved future?

Wisdom should suggest that investing in the future generation must be a priority. Anything else should come second.

At least you've got a sense of humour, Arny. You're rich. None of your policies or decisions will ever affect you.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I completely agree. I've always been confused by the fact that education and health are alwasy the first things to be cut back.

There are plenty of other pointless projects that should be cut before the "knife" is put to education and health...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Maybe it's a subtle warning "You're going to need a huge knife pretty soon!!" From the action hero himself.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
thats because his dad was an ardent nazi

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The answer is quite simple.

America elected a celebrity to run the most productive state in it's union.

What did you expect? Stella performance?

Let's get real folks, until you all start electing people who know how to run things as opposed to people who seemingly know how to run things, you are going to be in this same mess over and over again.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yea the institution has to still exist before you can try and change it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I dont really see any problem with Arny having a sense of humor about something that was probably a stressful situation for him.

By the way they cut things like education and health first because they know people think it is important and are more likely to vote for a tax increase to cover it down the road.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Let's get real folks, until you all start electing people who know how to run things as opposed to people who seemingly know how to run things, you are going to be in this same mess over and over again.

~Keeper

I don't think that seems to be the answer either....if you weren't able to tell from the past and present circumstances surrounding this country.

Elect people who know how to run things and all they do is manipulate the system to their financial benefit while screwing everyone else. man can't and won't ever be able to handle what little power he's given without trying to control and conquer.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Well what you say about man is probably true. How do we find a solution to that?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

America didn't elect Arnie for governor of California. Californians elected him. Yes, they are Americans, but America did not have a choice in the matter.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I wish I had an answer to it...but unfortunately I don't.This system is a big cause of it and definately not the answer or solution.Too much ineqaulity and division leaving people struggling to feed their children and barely survive.

top topics

join