It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can i get my banned account back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Is there any way to get an old ID back? I used to have an old ID which I cancelled and used this one. Is there any way to get it back? Just wondering. Thanks

[edit on 22-7-2009 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Not if they change it to microchip IDs in 20 years

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
LOL was talking about my ATS sign in ID

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Like your account name?
If so, then no. You cant change it. I had to make a new one. And let a super mod know so they can ban your old one. Since it is against the T&Cs to have multiple accounts.

Orrrrrrr.... make the new account with an IP hider so they dont know you have 2.
Which i dont suggest you do.

-Shadow

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yea I had an old account which I switched over to this account and they banned the old one. Just wondering if it was possible to get it back.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
oooohhh. Idk. I would suggest finding the person that banned your old account. Then u2u ing him. Or naming the title of this thread

Can i get my banned account back?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thanks, i renamed the title....out of luck to find out who banned my account lol...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
probably naming your account would help, there are many banned accounts. Unless your under the same IP.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
While the staff are here to help members, we do value our time, and try to be productive while we're on ATS.

A staff member did you a favour by allowing the account change. No biggie. But now you want to go back to the previous account? Why? And how long will you post under the other account before you feel like going back to this account?

Changing the accounts takes up some time - there's a bit of administration behind it. So at some point we'll have to say "No" because you're taking up too much staff time.

In short. Make sure you know what account you want, then let a moderator know what your decision is. Then stick to that decision.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow, i am not trying to complain but ATS sure take themselves seriously. No name change and contacting super mods, then the whole administrative time thing, WOW. is this an IRS site? or just a fun place to hang out, and time juice.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elarmstrongo

This is a serious site and we discuss serious subjects, which is why it is so good. All the mods volunteer their own precious time which is greatly appreciated, especially by me.

I think the OP was very fortunate to to be allowed to changed their ID, I have never known this happen before.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why not just ask to transfer your old points to your new account?

This way everybody is happy.

Btw, if you don't want your old points, I'll take them.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I had an account from years back... was never banned, but due to a glitch in the system, it no longer recognized my password.

Since I could not have the "new" password emailed to me, I just created a new account.

(back then, in order to join ATS, you could NOT have a free email account, ie Yahoo and Gmail... a spam defense. By time the glitch occured, I no longer had that paid for service).

I know I would love to get back all my points, stars, flags and ATS store goodies from that account... but at the same time, it's all fluff that I can always re-earn.

But name changes do happen. Banned members will, from time to time, pop on under a different guise. I remember this one guy was feeding one of his own posts with a variety of different accounts.

[edit on 2009/7/23 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by elarmstrongo

I think you missed my point, which was: We don't have a problem helping members to change accounts (names). But if a person wants to go back and forth between accounts every couple of weeks it is going to develop into a "problem".

No big deal if one person wants to do it. But if we allow it for one person, then tomorrow two people want to go back and forth between accounts - and we can't refuse because we've done it for the first person... By the end of the week half the board wants to go back and forth between accounts and all the staff's time will be taken up by account administration. And where's the fun in that?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elarmstrongo
Wow, i am not trying to complain but ATS sure take themselves seriously. No name change and contacting super mods, then the whole administrative time thing, WOW. is this an IRS site? or just a fun place to hang out, and time juice.

Yeah. Mods? What do they have to do?
Only 10000 members or so?
Administration? Naw. No big deal. We got mods: just a few dozen people volunteering time and effort to keep things civil and working. Why not waste their time when we can't be bothered to read simple rules and follow them?

Don't they understand how important it is for us to hang out, have fun and time juice?

Sheesh!

top topics

join