It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading Epidemiologist: 'A Whole Industry Is Waiting For A Pandemic'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
First, the article:

The world has been gripped with fears of swine flu in recent weeks. In an interview with SPIEGEL, epidemiologist Tom Jefferson speaks about dangerous fear-mongering, misguided, money-driven research and why we should all be washing our hands a lot more often.

I urge to read the entire interview ...

Whilst not suggesting that we're not at risk from the H1N1 virus and other similar flu viruses, Jefferson exposes the WHO for what they really are. Namely a money driven organization who's interests lie in spreading fear and panic about possible pandemics to justify its own raison d'etre.

SPIEGEL: Do you think the WHO declared a pandemic prematurely?

Jefferson: Don't you think there's something noteworthy about the fact that the WHO has changed its definition of pandemic? The old definition was a new virus, which went around quickly, for which you didn't have immunity, and which created a high morbidity and mortality rate. Now the last two have been dropped, and that's how swine flu has been categorized as a pandemic.

Jefferson goes on to describe the falsely premised casualty estimates, why the WHO ignores a slew of other viruses, the disappearance of SARS, the 1918/19 pandemic, and the glaring differences between "Scientific Findings and Practice."

www.spiegel.de...

I found it an interesting interview and wanted to share ... and please folks, wash your hands.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
When it comes to the machinations of the World Health Organization, nearly nothing surprises me anymore.

But I have to say thank you for sharing this. I was unaware that part of the exercise of creating mass panic was lowering the threshold for labeling a pandemic. Somehow, that seems 'par for the course'.

I wonder if our own Department of Homeland Security and FEMA, which seems to have utterly usurped the CDC in matters of declaring such emergencies made a similar 'cosmetic' change in their definition as well. And if so, why?

Never mind, I can guess the answer already..., "good for business". And after all, that appears to be the only thing that counts in a country run by businessmen.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Mmm, I can't seem to be able to locate the CDC/FEMA/DHS's thresholds for pandemic.

What I was able to locate however is this interesting website:

EMS responder

It's an emergency management services information center with loads of interesting links if one wants to know how they are being instructed to cope with the H1N1 virus.

As far as the WHO is concerned, they seem to be as giddy as a gun manufacturer avant-war.

[edit on 23 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

join