It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl with one brain half, holographic theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
here is the article translated by bablefish.
source: magazine.web.de...

Medical miracle: Child lives with half brain (miwa) - a German girl surprises the science: It has a half brain since its birth only. Where other humans have the right brain half, the child has only nerve water. The special: Nevertheless it is nuclearhealthy.

The physicians of the then three-year female patient might not have badly been astonished, when they pushed the girl in the Kernspintomographen. While the left brain half is completely normally developed, the medical profession are to have only found a dark mark on the right side. Where normally the right brain half lies, the medical profession did not see to anything except nerve water report " South German Zeitung".

Parents of the today ten-year ones are to have brought their child at that time into the hospital, because it sometimes suffered from easy twitching. Otherwise the girl completely normally developed was and none could have suspected that she has only a half brain. The child can master its everyday life without problems. It goes according to " Süddeutschen" on a normal school, bicycle and Inline Skates can drive and as funny, spirit-rich and intelligently is described.

The medical profession examined the girl now more exactly. They are to have found out that under the head roof of the child one " amazing Umorganisation" took place. " In this way information arrives into a brain half, which does not hingehören" at all there; , director of studies said wolf Singer of the Max Planck Institute for brain research in Frankfurt/Main. This occupies the amazing flexibility of the brain, is called it in the article.

However a such conversion would succeed as rare with the ten-year one only. Probably this is connected with the fact that the right brain half already continued to grow in the mother body no longer. Thus the brain has to the substantial disturbances to react and to organize again be able themselves.

this is a medical evidence on a human being wich practicly proves the holographic theory of our universe, as you may want to digg this subject deeper i can refeer a good book by michael talbot, called "The Holographic Universe".

www.crystalinks.com... this is a heavy bit of a read but worth it aswell

if this has been shared already feel free to delete this post. best to all!

[edit on 22-7-2009 by s.one.z]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My partners neice has been born with only half of her brain, I can only hope and pray that she can also grow up and lead a normal life. This gives me a little hope.

It reminds me of the tests done on "punky" the salamander, where they chopped up its brain, and put it back, the salamander was still fully functional! Infact, they took out most of the brain bit by bit, and it remained functional (though some lack of motor neurone capabilities were shown) until the cerebral cortex was damaged.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Apologies, but I can't seem to find the link between holographic theory and the development of an 'incomplete' brain. I've read some of those case studies - she's not the first to have half a brain (pun slightly intended) - but where exactly does this relate to a theory about the fabric of the universe? Brains rerouting their development is nothing new, in fact; it's how they develop in the first place..

Hope I'm not coming off too harsh, but I just have no idea what you're implicating!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think the link is, that no matter how much of the brain there is (in this case the poor wee lassy only has half a brain) the brain can still function as if it were whole. The holographic link, is that every part of the hologram, contains the whole. So you don't "need" all of it, to have all of it already.

if that made any sense

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm not home right now, but I'll look later. I found an article a while back about several people who have survived, and sometimes been completely normal with very very little brain matter. There was one guy who had average IQ and the only brain he had was like lining cells or something. It's been several months, it was a legitimate study though. I'll look later for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by scraze

en.wikipedia.org...
www.holographicbrain.com...

during various experiments scientists have removed parts of animal brains. especially parts wich should be representative for memories, so they let mices run through labyrinths so long until the animal knew the way to the food even if they have been woken up during night. when the mices have been trained to this, scientists removed the part of their brains wich included the memory, the mice did run through the labyrinth as it did before.. and even when they removed more and even more parts the mice did its job as it did before removal. this is what physicist david bohm and karl pribrams theory of a holographic brain is about, then when u break a holographic picture into smaler parts, the smal parts are enough to reassamble the whole picture without any loss.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

If that's the core of the story, it makes sense.. But in the case studies, it's not true. While the brain is capable of developing with whatever cells it has, there are limitations just as well (get this life story for example); basically, the older we get, the less flexible we are, with 0-4yr being a relative safe zone apparently. However, if you lose part of your brain after this developmental stage, you're royally screwed. The lost neurons are .. well.. lost. Forever. Sadly enough, there are plenty examples to show.. lobotomy, anyone?

I think what truly is going on, is that most people do not realize how flexible the development of our brain really is. It's amazingly alien, so flexible.. I dare say, the way it develops is even more interesting than holographic theory ;D

Snap.. hope that doesn't sound mean as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by s.one.z

Could you tell me the names of 'they' and where they published? I'm currently searching for scientific articles by "P.T. Chopping" from the HolographicBrain, but no results so far..

eta: because I really really really want to read the article belonging to the experiment you described!

[edit on 22-7-2009 by scraze]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by scraze

i just u2u you, u can look it up urself
its all writen in michael talbots book 8)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Isnt there "brain" around the heart too?

Didnt someone say they have found braincells around the heart of humans? So there is something to the expression "to think with your heart"

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
OP, very poor leap of logic there.

All A might be = B
But not all B= A

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

the logic of science that u thrust in is more plausible?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
Isnt there "brain" around the heart too?

Didnt someone say they have found braincells around the heart of humans? So there is something to the expression "to think with your heart"

Yes, as far as I'm aware, there is, what is technicly, a brain in your heart.

Here's a little linky for you, click me!

top topics

join