It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe its time to test Zecharia Sitchin's decoding of ancient text...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Computer reveals stone tablet 'handwriting' in a flash ( www.newscientist.com... )

A computer technique can tell the difference between ancient inscriptions created by different artisans, a feat that ordinarily consumes years of human scholarship.

Maybe this new technique can be used to see if mr sitchin's translations are accurate and not just some ramblings of an old man. (personally i want it to be true)

Also there are unknown ancient text for eg -( www.newscientist.com... ) could this new software be used for that maybe ... or maybe use it it on a tryed and tested ancient text like the ancient egyptians lets put that to the test to lets do them all .. see what human errors have been made and to correct them ...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The computer is not AI.

The translation would reflect the beliefs of whoever programmed the computer.

If Zecharia programmed the computer, I'm sure the translation would be exactly as he predicted.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
The computer is not AI.

If Zecharia programmed the computer, I'm sure the translation would be exactly as he predicted.

QFT

honestly there would be no way possible to accurately have a program to decode an unknown language. as stated it would only reflect the programmers view/idea

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

"This is the first time anything like this had been done on a computer," says Stephen Tracy, a Greek scholar and epigrapher at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, who challenged a team of computer scientists to attribute 24 ancient Greek inscriptions to their rightful maker. "They knew nothing about inscriptions," he says.

i gathered it was done on the pc, u could be right tho .. but if u was to input every known text and unknown surely it could go from there .

thxs for fast reply

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaintedJustice
reply to post by WhatTheory

"This is the first time anything like this had been done on a computer," says Stephen Tracy, a Greek scholar and epigrapher at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, who challenged a team of computer scientists to attribute 24 ancient Greek inscriptions to their rightful maker. "They knew nothing about inscriptions," he says.

i gathered it was done on the pc, u could be right tho .. but if u was to input every known text and unknown surely it could go from there .

thxs for fast reply

it could assume (unless they have made great strides in programming) as far as I know there isn't any public form of AI that can think like this yet (again not sure havn't looked into it in a while)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
The computer is not AI.

Absolutely right, And I get surprised if it is NOT the total oppsite of what has been told before, and that would only sugest another historical cover-up..

top topics

join