It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Josh White Mystery? Six-fingered NJ family?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hello all. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a query to see if any of you know anything about something that might be termed the "Josh White" mystery.

I'm not sure if it's Josh White or Josh Whyte or some other spelling, but someone told me that they read something about this years ago, but web searching proved fruitless in finding out any information about it.

What he told me was that there was supposedly this family living in New Jersey, each member of which was born with six fingers on each hand instead of the usual five. Nobody knew from where they came, and they supposedly spoke in a unique language. This is all he could tell me. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've never heard of it. But it slightly reminds me of the blue people of Kentucky.

Blue people

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like those giants that where dug up somewhere in america they had 6 digits on each hand and foot and double rows of teath I also read somewhere about the nephilim of the bible have extra fingers and toes like this.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
polydactylism
12 fingers 12 toes
Michael Treece pediatrician says 'not a deformity an interesting and beautiful variation'

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MadameGuillotine

Interesting story... even more so by the conclusion:

Scott's Alaskans seemed to match Cawein's blue people. If the condition were inherited as a recessive trait, it would appear most often in an inbred line.

Brother and Sisters = Blue babies.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Genetically inbred populations of hominoids can have more than 5 fingers or toes, or even less such as the The Ostrich people of Africa.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9544ded127b1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoopyjon
Sounds a bit like those giants that where dug up somewhere in america they had 6 digits on each hand and foot and double rows of teath I also read somewhere about the nephilim of the bible have extra fingers and toes like this.

What? I have never heard of this. Forgive me for derailing, I just need to know a bit more. Take me to another thread if need be but I would like to see something about these giants that were found so close to where I live. Why have I never heard of them? Where are they now? When were they found?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Interesting replies. I'm sure the story is related to/in the same category as the examples provided, but I still wonder if anybody knows anything about this specific family. Thanks guys/gals.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
6 fingers and 6 toes is rare but not that unusual. Don't have an immediate reference but there is a large extended family in Saudi Arabia where members commonly have 6 fingers.

M

top topics

join