It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please View Video and Give Me Your Opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
External Link To Video

MY opinion is these jerks crossed the line. Why ask this little old lady to get out of her car? What right did they have? You can even tell that the dispatcher has some sympathy for her and is trying to diffuse the situation. I think THAT THE COPS PURPOSELY ESCALATED THE SITUATION.

Your opinions?

CX

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with this one.

They were a lot nicer than some cops we have read about on here, then again i can't see why they couldn't have just had a word through the window.

After having confirmation from the dispatcher that they were real cops, she should have just done as they asked and definately not sped off like that.

The only thing i think the cops did wrong here was trying to drag her from the car, otherwise they were ok.

Personaly though, i'd have given her a quick bit of advice through the window and left her to it. You can see she is a bit scared.

CX.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Tough call man. Of course, this WAS Fort Worth. Maybe they wanted her to get out of the car to see if she was wobbly or something. They could have told her why. Does a cop not have to tell you anything? I suppose we're just supposed to listen, right? I thought the lady was cool for calling it in and had some balls, but she was pretty stupid to take off. I felt kind of sorry for her. She could have been beaten or tazed. I think the cops showed some restraint.

CX

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
They could have told her why. Does a cop not have to tell you anything?

Not sure, but it can save a ton of hassle if you do explain straight away why you have pulled someone over.

I can't see why some police escalate situations. It just adds to more trouble, and eventualy a load more paperwork. Not something you need for a little old lady driving slowly.

Hopefully this won't turn into yet another cop bashing thread, theres enough of them on here already.

Unfortunately a positive thread about the police wouldn't fit into the more viewed sections of the site, so theres not a lot of point starting one.

CX.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

You want my opinion. The older lady should definitely not have taken off. The officer involved should have realized this woman was scared to death. He should have done many things differently. If she was driving too slow, then ticket her and get on with it. She offered to have him follow her to the Police station, which could have helped. If he had time to pull over one little old lady for driving slow, then he had time to follow her to the station. Officers escalating situations seems to be an ever increasing problem here in the States and from what I've read, in other countries. These guys work for us. They need to begin to realize this, we pay their paycheck. I hope this lady gets a good lawyer, as I'm sure she could get out of the fleeing charge.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yeah, this is a mixed bag for sure.
The lady is obviously suffering some sort of paranoia - not that it isn't warranted somewhat in today's society, but she definitely took it too far and wasn't thinking right. Her 911 call should have made her realize these were real cops.
Then again, aren't we all getting a little more afraid of "real" cops these days?

On the cop's side, it has to be hard when you are prepared to handle the worst criminals but then have to try and adjust your normal operating procedure to deal with an old woman who is just afraid. They probably don't get trained for that.

Sometimes less training is better when you can just use more common sense and treat an old woman with gentler persuasion like anyone else would do.

How bad is it to drive slow anyway? Just doing the speed limit in most places would cause you to hinder traffic. Most people drive too fast.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

It is not unexpected that an old lady be paranoid in any case. I think the cop could have done a much better job. Old people have special needs, one being understanding. Why can't we treat our old people with a little dignity and respect?

top topics

join